Mindshare is a global media agency network with 116 offices in 86 countries and is part of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. We are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally and are currently looking for a Biddable Manager to join us, working on one of our key retail and FMCG clients.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and mentoring a Biddable Executive within the team
- Reviewing all Biddable work streams for quality assurance
- Leading client meetings and delivering well informed Biddable POV’s across predominately Social and Search
- Communicating to internal and external stakeholders in a clear and timely manner
- Developing Biddable strategies and initiatives, with support from FAST Associate Directors
- Ensuring Biddable initiatives are being executed as agreed against the scope of work and completed to a high standard
- Supporting the FAST Associate Directors in creating and ideating products and tools that increase efficiency within the FAST team
- Developing client KPIs and updating roadmaps to measure performance and success of workstreams carried out
- Seeking pro-active opportunities that would benefit the client’s business KPIs
- Staying well-informed of all the latest developments in Search / Social and sharing relevant updates with the client and FAST team
- Effectively delegating work to your Biddable Executive and ensuring they understand their role and responsibilities
- Identifying any issues that may arise and be able to provide recommendations to rectify them
- Maintaining a positive, motivating and inspiring team culture
- Working with the wider FAST team and other Mindshare business units where required
At Mindshare we live and breathe three values; Teamwork, Provocation and Speed. Teamwork ensures we always #beteam and always foster a culture of solving client challenges, together. Provocation enables us to break the rules and deliver results in a timely fashion. We never take more than 12 hours to respond to our clients or partners.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports directly to the Search Associate Director based in Sydney.
3 best things about the job:
- Be a part of the wider media community which offers: networking opportunities across the globe, industry events and much more.
- Extensive career training and development, giving you the knowledge and confidence needed for greatness.
- The perfect role to diversify your skills in digital media and beyond, looking to integrate with wider business units such as SEO, Programmatic, Native and Data & Analytics.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Understand the clients’ scope of work and undertake training across their key product/service offerings
- Build knowledge across Mindshare’s bespoke Search tools and our vision/purpose, and be able to articulate services to the agency and client
- Develop relationships with all key client and agency stakeholders, as well as members within your immediate team
- Ensure work streams are being carried out to a high standard
In six months:
- Establish consultative relationships with key client stakeholders and ensure work is being delivered against agreed client KPIs
- Support the Biddable Executive’s career development through regular catch ups and organise training where needed
- Confidently oversee the Executive’s work streams to ensure work is being delivered to a high standard and as agreed against the scope of work
In 12 months:
- Ensure workstreams are delivering against client KPIs and look to grow opportunities outside of the existing scope of work
- Lead the strategic direction of the client account
- Build the knowledge of performance media within the client’s wider business
What your day job looks like:
- A day in the life will include regular internal/external WIP’s to both provide and receive updates on existing / upcoming client activity across all channels
- Continuing your development of biddable channel strategy, tech and storytelling helping you become more rounded and a subject matter expert in your field
- Management of your workload and Executive ensuring tasks are project managed and completed to a high standard with the full engagement of your Executive
- Organisation of your calendar ensuring prioritization of work is constantly reviewed reducing the risk of stress
- Managing your Executive and providing mentoring / reviews to reflect on performance and KPI assessment
- Providing your internal team and client with industry updates and training.
What you’ll bring:
- A passion for digital media and the positive impact it can have across wider media and your client(s) business.
- Confidence to present and speak to different stakeholders with a varying understanding of Digital
- Knowledge of how to provide career development and guidance to direct reports
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 3+ years of Biddable media experience, with a strong technical Search / Social background
- 1+ years’ experience managing and developing a team
- Advanced understanding of tools such as the Google GMP, Facebook and Adobe Cloud
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to confidently interact with different stakeholders
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, and a strong ability to handle conflicting demands
- Previous track record of creating Biddable strategies that have driven and aligned to successful client business results
- Experience in diagnosing and resolving complex Digital media challenges
- Experience in working with wider media channels and creating holistic strategy
More about Mindshare
We were born in Asia in 1997, a start up with a desire to change the media world. Now we are a global agency with more than 7,000 employees in 116 offices across 86 countries, operating as one team - #teammindshare. We believe that in today’s world, everything begins and ends in media. We aim to be our clients’ lead business partner, to grow their business, and drive profitability through adaptive and inventive marketing. We do this through speed, teamwork and provocation and by operating as a network of networks rather than a rigid hierarchy. We create new things and have fun doing it. Whenever and wherever you join us, you open a door to opportunities in any and of all aspects of media, technology and innovation. We will support you, recognize you and reward you, making Mindshare the place where you do the best work of your career.
Mindshare APAC has won 500 awards in the last year alone, including “Agency Network of the Year 2017” by both the MMA SMARTIES™ and Campaign Asia for the fifth and third consecutive year, respectively. Mindshare is part of GroupM, the media investment management arm of WPP, the world’s leading communications services group. To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com and follow us on Twitter @mindshare and facebook.com/mindshareapac and linkedin.com/company/mindshare.
About GroupM Australia
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.