GroupM is the leading global media investment management company serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker and Essence, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. With 800 people based in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane, GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
YOUR ROLE IN A NUTSHELL:
The Client Success Manager is a key hybrid role within the team, providing implementation & campaign management support for key clients while working with agency partners on planning & strategy. You are responsible for supervising elements of team workload to ensure client servicing is exceptionally delivered. A guru in programmatic operations, you drive effectiveness and efficiency gains across the department.
PBU and ad operations teams, GroupM agencies and their clients, commercial director, trading & investment, vendors, publisher partners
WHAT YOU SHOULD SPEND YOUR TIME DOING:
In order for our business to work, you will be required to spend time of certain areas of the business and make sure that your direct reports do the same. Your key responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage a portfolio of critical and/or advanced clients, taking responsibility for planning, implementation, and optimisation, all in a timely & accurate manner
- Consistently achieve desired outcomes for clients across all programmatic products, demonstrating proactivity to find solutions to challenges as they arise
- Contribute significantly to the development of new products and capabilities through testing, vendor collaboration, and design
- Effectively balance delivery and performance across all campaigns while maintaining business goals, removing any barriers that may prevent this
- Use new and innovative capabilities (both internal and 3rd party) to improve operational efficiency and reduce non-value add work
- Manage day-to-day relationships for client portfolio, making sure to utilise the very best that Xaxis has to offer
- Prepare brief responses and proposals for new opportunities, supporting managers where required
- Work collaboratively with all teams across GroupM, building strong relationships
- Demonstrate good understanding of your clients, agencies, and GroupM, including functions, processes, teams, and goals
- Monitor client portfolio management metrics and proactively mitigate risk to deliver success for clients or GroupM
- Ensure 100% accuracy within all systems when managing financial information including, but not limited to, reporting, Booking Tool, reconciliations, and forecasts
- Live and breathe the GroupM behaviours every day
- Manage elements of day-to-day team duties, ensuring that everything runs smoothly to deliver for clients
- For any direct reports, manage general day-to-day operations, development, performance, engagement, and competencies
- Build strong working relationships with your team, operating seamlessly together to deliver success for our clients, across the full end-to-end process of campaign delivery
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills across all facets of your work
- Respond well to guidance and feedback from your manager, head of client success, clients, agencies, and others
WHAT IT TAKES
Attention to detail
Displaying high attention to detail across all your work, you are able to spot potential errors ahead of time.
Planning & organization
You meet deadlines and are confidently able to optimize work. You optimize work and processes in a way that saves time, supporting the wider team in planning and prioritization of work.
Teamwork & collaboration
Viewed as a valued team member, you actively support and contribute to the efforts of other team members. You share relevant updates and useful information with other team members and stakeholders.
You manage conflict to a resolution, taking the initiative to keep other people informed while giving & receiving constructive feedback.
Creating new and improved approaches to managing complex information, you arrive at sound and logical conclusions.
You propose ways to do things differently, adapting to new ideas and initiatives. You display a positive attitude in the face of ambiguity and change.
Proactivity/taking the initiative
Working autonomously, you are focused on achieving results. You demonstrate exceptional self-development and initiative.
You are able to define complex problems, can identify optimal & alternative solutions with minimal supvervision.
Candidates will have 3-5 years’ experience working in a programmatic operations or campaign management role. They will bring an operational knowledge of the programmatic eco-system, as well as some of the major DSPs and SSPs in the Australian market, with a genuine interest in learning and understanding more about the programmatic ecosystem; the technologies, the challenges and pitfalls; to advise clients and agencies alike. They will be a strong communicator who can translate technical detail into simple summary with experience in supporting across projects outside campaign day-to-day to drive team growth. Experience working in a digital agency, or a publisher/agency/client-side trading desk is highly desirable.
- An intermediate working knowledge of excel
- Experience executing campaigns through buying platforms such as DV360, The Trade Desk, Xandr, Amazon, Adobe or similar
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Able to form good relationships with internal/external teams
- Experience managing tier 2-3 clients