Hogarth Australia is the world’s leading content creation company. We create and produce marketing communications for our partners, across all forms of media. Whilst we are passionate about delivering the highest quality of content, we also believe there is a smarter way to make marketing budgets stretch further.
Our proposition is therefore, to help our clients to make better content, faster and smarter. At Hogarth, we don’t just “execute” like much of the competition; we think about our partners’ content needs strategically by combining talent, scale, and automation.
Hogarth Worldwide employs a team of over 4,500, with Hogarth Australia contributing around 135 in-house production specialists across our Sydney and Melbourne-based studios.
We are part of WPP AUNZ Ltd.
YOUR ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
This role was established to lead the software development, maintenance and improvement of an ASP.NET Software as a service technology called AdcastNXT.
AdcastNXT is undergoing major upgrades and we are looking for a senior resource to lead and support all technical upgrades to our new vision.
The Technical Lead is responsible for the development of a team of engineers, crafting innovative technological solutions and leading technical implementation throughout project lifecycles.
This role requires a deep understanding of software engineering principles, integration with other SaaS products, as well as being on top of the latest industry trends and emerging technologies.
It is a hands-on role balancing the technical leadership of your team, enforcing architectural principles, and your own software development.
Whilst you will eventually spend your time focused on leading the team and designing new functionality, we expect that the first 12 months with be heavily engaged with understanding, developing and bug-fixing the core of the product.
You will be expected to lean in to the remote working model and adapt any practices accordingly to achieve the most collaborative approach to delivering the solution.
This role is ideally for an experienced full stack engineer with leadership experience, or a technical lead with experience in leading a team across the full stack. Solution architecture experience is also highly desired.
WHAT YOU SHOULD SPEND YOUR TIME DOING
Key accountabilities and responsibilities are as follows:
- Being part of an agile development team, work closely with Development Team, Product Owner, and Business Analysts to build efficient solutions leveraging the appropriate technology stack.
- Develop web applications and components based on a ASP.Net/Angular JS technology stack.
- Design and development of solutions that integrate with vendor tools seamlessly utilizing web services and other integration design patterns.
- Technical project management - updating and processing information.
- Validate designs and standards of development.
- Perform coding, bug verification, unit testing and integration testing.
- Set design standards and enforce across all applications.
- Conduct meetings on software designs and applications and code reviews.
- Develop enterprise coding standards and drive process improvements.
- Inspire a culture of innovation across the team, encouraging a fail-fast approach to experimentation with new features.
- Research, document and troubleshoot related technical problems.
- Develop Enterprise Application Blocks and custom controls.
- Troubleshoot problems in security, remoting, threading, and serialization.
- Validate requirements of the business needs and initiate processes.
- Writing readable, maintainable code, test teams and manage all code releases.
- Communicating with our users occasionally to further understand requirements to deliver robust and modular solutions.
- Scope technical and performance requirements and architect, design and specify scalable and ‘fit for purpose’ technical solutions.
- Propose, research, prototype, and test new ideas, from libraries to systems to new technologies.
- Mentor fellow teammates on algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and best practices.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
We want you to know that you are making a difference at Hogarth. Your accountabilities listed above will help facilitate the following successes:
- Ability to conduct structured feasibility analysis of technical requirements, solution options, architectures and tools and make justified recommendations on proposed solution and requirements.
- Advanced ability to provide concise, structured and substantiated technical feedback and recommendations.
- Analyse, architect and recommend the best fit solution that meets the business and technical requirements.
- Design and specify robust, secure, interoperable and scalable solutions covering environment, tools, applications, components, business logic and data structures.
- Direct build of technical solutions to specification using best practice development and testing methodologies.
- Advanced ability to manage technical review, development / technical testing and quality assurance process and prioritise issues for rectification and/or resolution.
- Advanced ability to identify and resolve technical problems, disputes and trade-offs in a structured and justifiable manner.
- Advanced ability to identify and manage technical risks with proposed/selected architectures and deployments and implement mitigation plans.
- Ability to promote agile-like practices, handling frequent small feature sets with short, regular release schedules.
- Advanced ability to foster collaboration amongst the team, regardless of geographical location. Remote workers will always be part of this team and therefore requires a strong embrace of the geographical differences (time zones etc.) and encouragement of frequent, open and regular communication.
WHAT IT TAKES
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Extensive software development experience in .Net Full Stack development.
- Strong experience on Cloud (AWS/Azure) and SaaS applications.
- Experienced in Entity Framework, NHibernate.
- Thorough understanding of usage of the fundamental concepts like Exception Handling.
- Static block/variables/classes, OOPS concepts, Collections, Multi-Threading, http sessions, session handling, Application life cycle, ADO.NET, actions, events, Entity Framework, implicit objects, custom tags, context.
- Exposure to an industry-standard database on a UNIX platform with awareness of database design and SQL scripting knowledge and performance tuning.
- Knowledge on No-SQL Database like Raven DB, Neo4j.
- Awareness of application servers/webservers (IIS, JBoss and OHS).
- Good unit testing skills in N Unit / X Unit / MS Test Jasmine Karma Knowledge on Continuous Integration Tools like TFS Github.
- Work experience with RabbitMQ, EventStore is a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology, SCRUM Framework, Test-Driven Development, Behaviour-Driven Development and software design patterns.
- Experience on creating whole platform for web application from end to end.
- Solid experience in building the product or application strategy and work towards enhancing the value of the product.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, with the ability to quickly identify and document the root cause of issues, and effectively communicate possible resolutions.
- Effective communication, presentation, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively.
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience on the transactional applications for low latency, high availability uses.
- Experience with reactive, event-based architectures.
Our values created by our people are the thread that ties our culture together. How we behave as a community and the product we create for our partners, all centres on bringing our values to life.
Hands On (Our Commitment): We don’t wait for things to happen; we get hands on and make them happen.
Happy Family (Our People): We look out for each other, share our successes and unite as a happy family.
Heart & Soul (Our Craft): We love what we do and bring heart & soul to all our work.
Honest (Our Relationships): We are honest; it’s not always easy but it’s the right thing to do.
Hungry (Our Mindset): We are inquisitive and push boundaries, hungry to find a new way.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not offered for this role. Applicants will have to be based in Australia with full working rights to be considered.