As a Performance Manager you will be the heartbeat of the team and the main point of contact within the Performance team for clients and internal stakeholders. Your specialist skill and lead area will be paid social and SEM , however this role encompasses paid search, paid social and programmatic to deliver a holistic performance strategy across your core client group. You’ll be putting together the most appropriate performance strategy for each client, balancing investment levels between social, search and programmatic to make sure client KPIs are met.
You’ll also be the bridge between the performance team and the other teams in the agency, making sure our thinking is included in all relevant media plans and the best performance solutions are presented to the clients. Finally, you’ll manage, mentor and coach junior members of the Performance team, guiding their personal development and value to the Ikon business.
Three best things about this job
- A unique integrated Performance team, where we let freedom reign through free thinking and fluid ideas. You’ll work closely with other inspiring and talented performance specialists on client briefs & campaigns, providing you exposure to develop your technical and transferable knowledge across programmatic, search and social
- Have the autonomy to work through solutions you believe will achieve your clients’ goals
- Working within a full-service agency with exposure to all areas of the business
In three months:
- Met with each client, understood their business goals & demonstrated clear proficiency in account management
- Take responsibility for the prioritisation and management of the workload of the Performance team, instilling best practice operations
- Autonomously lead and manage the performance strategy and account optimisation, ensuring the best results are being achieved by the team, according to clients’ goals
In six months:
- Manage an efficient and inspired team, with high quality of output, continually developing their competencies and knowledge to delivery market leading campaigns.
- Be a performance expert for Ikon, recommending and presenting to clients and internal stakeholders on performance best practice
- Lead campaign testing, innovation and constantly strive to improve performance through free thinking and fluid ideas
- Involved with training and development of junior members of the Performance team
- Evangelising performance, keeping abreast of the changing landscape, delivering updates internally and externally, and uncovering new opportunities in market
In twelve months:
- Support the performance directors to continually develop and activate Ikon’s performance product
- Take full accountability for exceeding all client needs from a performance perspective
- Established and confident knowledge in additional performance media discipline i.e. paid social or SEM
- Align performance media and above the line activity to allow for complete integration
- Consult with Ikon’s Digital & A&T Managers, maintaining their confidence in Ikon’s performance product
- Come up with new thinking and solutions to improve performance or process, working with the performance directors to implement nationally performance initiatives to develop the team and product nationally
- Contribute to internal and external PR by leading award-winning performance media campaigns
- Take part and support new business pitches where Performance channels are involved
What will help you succeed
This role is looking for a detail-oriented individual with the capacity and desire to succeed in a high growth, and proactive environment. This role is responsible for the management of the team, and success of client campaigns with high autonomy, as well as supporting the growth for each account by delivering outstanding buying and optimisation, campaign analytics and insights, and innovation to develop and deliver campaign excellence.
- 3+ years’ experience in the performance space particularly programmatic or paid social
- Experience of more than one channel is highly desirable such as paid social or paid search
- Exceptional technical knowledge and in platform experience to deliver performance excellence in either Programmatic or Paid Social. Platforms including DSP’s (DV360), Google Ads, SA360, Facebook, Twitter, Snap, Analytics
- Comprehensive channel knowledge to be able to articulate and implement best practices across planning, buying, campaign management and operations
- Thorough experience with campaign optimisation, management and reporting
- Understanding of how to plan, buy and optimise for campaigns with either brand or direct response KPIs
- Comprehensive knowledge of opportunities for performance channels to integrate with online and offline media
- Experience of advanced optimisation techniques using 1st party and 3rd party data, audience targeting, technology and feed integration, scripts and automation
- Expert knowledge of channel measurement capabilities and attribution models
- Experience working with client leadership teams with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience developing and leading client relationships, leading meetings and communication
- Articulate communication style, written, verbal and on screen
- Experience in managing and training junior members of a team
- Strong analytical and logical thinking and problem-solving skills, with ability to identify risks and effectively manage challenges proactively
- Experience developing ways of working models to foster an efficient team
- Effective and efficient working style with exceptional project management, coordination skills
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to be the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au