We are a global leader in production services, giving our clients the edge by making the best work, brilliantly. We operate in two connected yet distinct markets: traditional production and adaptation, and creative content production driven by data and insight. We combine craft, insight and technology to bring creative work to life.
Hogarth Worldwide is home to 4,500 employees; we operate in 111 languages across 157 markets. We are part of the WPP network.
- Big ideas demand smart delivery (intelligent)
- In a constant push for better (relentless)
- Creative can always work harder (outcome driven)
- The next new thing is only a moment away (innovative)
YOUR ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
The Interactive Designer is an integral team member in one of our client allocated Content Studios, and also part of our broader craft specialist team in our national Content Studio. They are a creative guardian and a savvy innovator; able to work closely with the client and fellow Hogarthians alike in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
Responsible for elevating our clients’ brands while guarding their guidelines; the role provides creative input and design and of content, ensuring the client’s vision comes to life. They love to think outside the box and bring smarter ideas to the table.
Working alongside the Hogarth Content Studio, the Interactive Designer will use their skills to create a variety of high-quality content for online, Digital, OOH & experiential. You will combine both your creative skills with technical know-how, and will demonstrate an eye for detail, a calm nerve under pressure, and an understanding of messaging and branding. As a Hogarthian, you are accountable for creating the best content, so you always think smarter about how to deliver on a brief.
The Interactive Designer role will deliver digital display, video, and social advertising using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects & Animate. Skills in HTML 5, Celtra, Google, Sizmek, and Flashtalking will put you in high regard. You are expected to be a creative and technical collaborator and able to design and deliver crafted work to a high standard.
WHAT YOU SHOULD SPEND YOUR TIME DOING
Key accountabilities and responsibilities are as follows:
- Design for digital advertising campaigns for our client;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- You know how to turn all of your competencies into code that both your co-workers and web browsers can understand;
- Proactively problem solve design, animation, and digital issues;
- Translate designs and mock-ups into fully functioning creatives using Animation software such as Animate CC and After Effects;
- Translate designs and have the ability to provide solutions and guidance with animation best practices across all digital channels;
- Manage time to meet deadlines without compromising quality, accuracy or creative product, within the budget and time constraints.
WHAT IT TAKES
- You rigorously educate yourself on the latest development techniques and best practices.
- You have a reasonably good understanding of how creative and media agencies work together and how best to navigate these essential partnerships.
- You are quality, deadline and deliverables focused.
- You're solutions-oriented and analytical in your approach at all times.
- The ability to thrive in an ever-changing and dynamic work environment.
- You are commercially focused with a passion for delivering and exceeding results.
Technical capabilities and experience
- Highly skilled in timeline-based animation tools such as After Effects or Adobe Animate CC is a must.
- A proven track record in technical design at a reputable digital agency.
- You understand how different platforms and devices operate, the intricacies of each and their best practices. For example, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, desktop, mobile and connected TV.
- You're able to work in Photoshop and Illustrator to obtain and adjust assets.
- An understanding of digital design best practices across various channels.
- Experience delivering large multi-channel digital campaigns.
- Have an intermediate understanding of HTML / CSS.
- You're familiar with browser testing and debugging, and our go-to person for any QC / QA needs.
- Experience with Digital OOH, Social and OLV.
The following are desirable:
- Agency production experience.
- Design or media degree.
- Hands-on craft capabilities.
Together, our people give us the edge. Together, they make us brilliant.
Our shared behaviours:
Honesty: We communicate openly and honestly
Happy family: We are a diverse and inclusive community
Heart and soul: We are committed to bringing our whole self to work
Hunger: We strive for brilliance every time
Hands-on: We dig and support one another
As a business, we are dedicated at creating a truly inclusive culture at all levels of the organisation that encourages different points of view, making Hogarth not only a better company and place to work, but an environment where everyone experiences connection, opportunity and a sense of belonging.
At Hogarth, we take your career seriously. That's why we have a structured career development program in place as well access to local and global learning and development platforms to support your personal and professional growth and career aspirations.
But we also want you to have a life outside of work. Our flexible working arrangements are designed to allow you to balance your professional and personal commitments in a way that suits you and your lifestyle. Birthday leave, Summer Fridays, dog-friendly offices and wellness benefits (including Employee Assistance program and flu shots, to name a few) are just some of the other benefits we offer to support you in doing that.
**Please note: visa sponsorship is not offered for this role. Applicants will have to be based in Australia with full working rights to be considered**