Ikon are looking for an Account Manager to join the TEQ IMATE team. This is the chance of a lifetime to be part of a progressive team in a transformative media agency business. We are looking for an excellent project manager with strong people skills, media knowledge, digital nous, charisma to sell and a solution selling mindset.
Three best things about this job
- This role offers an unprecedented opportunity to be part of team who are at the forefront of pioneering the future of the media agency business. You will manage the delivery of integrated media campaigns across a variety of tourism industry businesses with an emphasis on digital.
- You’ll work in a high performing agency surrounded by a team of passionate ikonoclasts who support each other to challenge what’s possible. You’ll report into a director who’ll provide the structure and support to flourish and grow.
- In this role, you’ll work with one of the most progressive clients in the market, Tourism and Events Queensland. You’ll learn about parts of Queensland, that most of us only dream about and support local tourism. You’ll work with people from all walks of life so empathy and an ability to help manage complex stakeholder ecosystems is critical to this role.
What’s your role –
- You’ll be an excellent project manager who has a working knowledge of integrated media campaigns along with strong people & selling skills. An ability to work with an array of stakeholders and translate media into actionable opportunities for the tourism industry .
- You’ll be supported by a client director, comms director, coordinator and the agency’s specialist trade and digital teams. You’ll also be part of a team who are embedded within the client’s business.
In 3 months:
- Project manage the media planning & buying, as well as media sales process to support industry across the state.
- Develop rapport with key industry stakeholders
- Develop strong relationships with our core TEQ client teams and work collaboratively to deliver opportunities to the industry
- Contribute to a team of ikonoclasts to pioneer this agency model & act as an extension of the TEQ Team.
In 6 months:
- Help develop tourism industry partnerships to unlock growth for the industry in Queensland.
- Seamlessly project manage all campaigns
- Establish a new business pipeline by building on industry relationships and support clients through smart media solutions
- Develop and mentor the coordinator in your team whilst working as part of the wider TEQ team.
In 12 months:
- Be a respected team member within Ikon and a trusted advisor with key tourism industry contacts.
- Develop strong media relationships across all channels and establish streamlined ways of working with our publisher partners
- Identify areas for improvement or innovation within the team operating model
- Opportunity to be part of team who bring new products to market to support industry.
- Opportunity to develop client leadership skills and build your profile to catapult your career
- Opportunity to work across a variety of business in the tourism industry and gain strong job satisfaction
What will help you succeed
- MFA Digital Cert 1/ Cert 2 preferred or a desire to complete these certifications
- Proficient with all relevant media tools and software required to perform the role
- Embrace speed and diversity in which we operate
- Innovation focused
- Solid knowledge of owned, earned and paid channels across all offline and digital channels
- Commercially minded with knowledge of the media sales process
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiasm, drive and a positive outlook for the team despite any obstacles that may occur
- Empathetic and respectful. Develops effective personal relationships at all levels
- Shows initiative and the ability to be solutions orientated. Keen to always learn more.
- Clear communication skills
- Foster open, collaborative, respectful and dynamic relationships across the agency
- Actively seeking to participate in market/industry events and conversations
- Lives IKON values and role model behaviour to junior staff and wider agency
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/