We are WPP AUNZ, Australasia’s leading marketing communications group. Through its operating companies, the Group provides a comprehensive range of advertising and marketing services including advertising & media investment management; public relations & public affairs; branding & identity; healthcare communications; direct, digital, promotion & relationship marketing and specialist communications.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced corporate communications professional who ideally understands the advertising, marketing, technology and media landscape to continue to strengthen WPP’s corporate and brand reputation across Australia and New Zealand.Reporting to the Head of Communications and Marketing, you will use your strong communications experience to clearly and consistently engage teams across our brands and corporate functions.
With industry knowledge and excellent written communication skills the successful candidate will:
- Partner with WPP AUNZ’s multiple brands and stakeholders to deliver B2B PR strategy across AUNZ consumer and trade media
- Partner with brand leaders and teams to identify and deliver proactive growth-driving media coverage and commentary
- Write and deliver exemplary written materials including media releases, talking points, briefing documents, thought leadership content and collateral.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with relevant contacts including media across print, online, and broadcast plus relevant industry associations and influencers
- Support the Head of Communications and Marketing in developing group media relations
- Ensure that key PR messages are communicated in targeted and relevant publicity programmes with the aim of drawing coverage to drive business growth
- Maintain a strong relationship and collaborate with the Commercial Marketing team
- Conduct daily industry and competitor news scan for the team
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and share recommendations for PR strategy
- Conduct and share daily and weekly coverage scans with local and global teams, including monitoring competitors and ensuring WPP AUNZ is top of mind
We are specifically looking for someone who has:
- Previous experience in a Public Relations or Communications role within an issues rich media, marketing or technology organisation.
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing/ Public Relations/ Business/ Media or related discipline
- A strong network of contacts in the corporate, media and social arenas
- Working knowledge of Microsoft product, Adobe, Power Point, databases and copywriting
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on a team while also individually managing multiple projects/priorities.
- Proven success in managing senior stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Highly organised and detail orientated.