AKQA Media are looking for a Media Strategy Director. We are looking for a fire starter who can inspire our clients, our agency and ultimately make great work happen. Leading AKQA Media’s thinking output - this role is equal parts art, science and action.
You set the agenda for clients, for their communications and for the rest of the AKQA Media team. As such, you need to have an intimate knowledge of your client’s business and brands and how they need to behave in order to grow. We need you to bring this curiosity to our client’s work and to the impact you have throughout the AKQA Media world.
Your recommendations will display a solid, data driven understanding of the client challenges, inspiring the rest of the team to build solutions.
Three best things about this job
- Be a thought leader for the strategic direction of a forward-thinking media agency, gaining access to a variety of teams that are experts in their field. This will allow you to form holistic knowledge and lead to well-rounded strategic responses.
- To work across market leading clients.
- Be part of a collaborative media agency, where you have the freedom to challenge.
What’s your role –
In 3 months:
- Be a strategic influencer across clients and agency, ensuring AKQA Media is delivering the most innovative and influential thinking to positively change consumer behaviour and deliver tangible results
- Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders – clients, WPP and the people within AKQA Media
- Be a proactive force inside the agency to find and promote influential ideas and solutions to grow our client’s business
- Create well thought out and constructed strategic recommendations to clients with a high level of first-time approval
In 6 months:
- Establish yourself as the strategic lead for your brands, having demonstrated your knowledge on relevant projects
- Demonstrate a culture of insights, ideas and innovation within the agency
- Drive and encourage development for staff through AKQA Media's processes
- Contribute to the wider agency in terms of collaborative working relationships, inspiration and thought leadership
In 12 months:
- Continue a demonstration of insights, ideas and innovation within the agency
- Create an award worthy piece of strategic work
- Provide regular contribution to agency thought leadership presentations
- Develop a deep understanding of the client’s brand positioning, marketing objectives and overall business objectives.
- Opportunity to progress within AKQA Media's Strategy and planning teams and continuously deliver excellent strategic recommendations for clients
What will help you succeed
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in communications strategy or planning
- Proven experience in working as a Media strategist
- Experience working in strategy within a media agency, is preferred but not essential
- Working knowledge of the media strategy process, with a grasp of the media planning and buying process
- The clear ability to communicate and articulate a story
- Ability to engage with all levels and discipline areas of the business
- Interest and passion in turning Aussie brands into Australian icons