Ikon are looking for a Media Strategy Director. We are looking for a fire starter who can inspire our clients, our agency and ultimately make great work happen. Leading Ikon’s thinking output - this role is equal parts art, science and action.
You set the agenda for clients, for their communications and for the rest of the Ikon team. As such, you need to have an intimate knowledge of your client’s business and brands and how they need to behave in order to grow. We need you to bring this curiosity to our client’s work and to the impact you have throughout the Ikon world.
This role is the epitome of the ‘Ikonoclast’ – one who seeks to break conventions and challenge the status quo. Your recommendations will display a solid, data driven understanding of the client challenges, inspiring the rest of the team to build solutions.
Three best things about this job
- Be a thought leader for the strategic direction of a forward-thinking media agency, gaining access to a variety of teams that are experts in their field. This will allow you to form holistic knowledge and lead to well-rounded strategic responses.
- To work across market leading clients.
- Be part of a collaborative media agency, where you have the freedom to challenge.
What’s your role –
In 3 months:
- Be a strategic influencer across clients and agency, ensuring Ikon is delivering the most innovative and influential thinking to positively change consumer behaviour and deliver tangible results
- Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders – clients, WPP and the people within Ikon
- Be a proactive force inside the agency to find and promote influential ideas and solutions to grow our client’s business
- Create well thought out and constructed strategic recommendations to clients with a high level of first-time approval
In 6 months:
- Establish yourself as the strategic lead for your brands, having demonstrated your knowledge on relevant projects
- Demonstrate a culture of insights, ideas and innovation within the agency
- Drive and encourage development for staff through Ikon's processes
- Contribute to the wider agency in terms of collaborative working relationships, inspiration and thought leadership
In 12 months:
- Continue a demonstration of insights, ideas and innovation within the agency
- Create an award worthy piece of strategic work
- Provide regular contribution to agency thought leadership presentations
- Develop a deep understanding of the client’s brand positioning, marketing objectives and overall business objectives.
- Opportunity to progress within Ikon's Strategy and planning teams and continuously deliver excellent strategic recommendations for clients
What will help you succeed
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in communications strategy or planning
- Proven experience in working as a Media strategist
- Experience working in strategy within a media agency, is preferred but not essential
- Working knowledge of the media strategy process, with a grasp of the media planning and buying process
- The clear ability to communicate and articulate a story
- Ability to engage with all levels and discipline areas of the business
- Interest and passion in turning Aussie brands into Australian icons
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/