Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Digital Investment Executive to join us.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Digital Manager and Digital Director
3 best things about the job:
- Work on a huge entertainment brand and play a key role in the planning and execution of major film campaigns, including getting to watch the films before they come out, and attend premieres
- Opportunities to grow your existing digital knowledge through hands-on planning and buying, with support from a collaborative & skilled team
- Be a part of one of the largest Media Agencies in the world, with plenty of opportunities for future progression.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Well-versed in all team and client processes, and able to both independently oversee and action all post-campaign tasks from booking, implementation, reporting, compliance and invoicing – all within deadlines
- Managing post-campaign reporting with Digital Coordinator, and proactively pulling out actionable insights and optimisation recommendations to ensure that campaigns are delivering against agreed KPI’s and briefed objectives.
- Formed a good rapport with your team, including the Digital Coordinator, with regular catch-ups and processes being followed to ensure that workloads are being managed
In six months:
- Have briefed, planned and presented at least 2 film campaigns independently with some support from Digital Manager – including managing all publisher comms, creating the Media Plans, response deck, presentation and actioning feedback.
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Planning and buying digital campaigns across all platforms, with a strong focus on Video
- Overseeing and actioning all implementation tasks to get campaigns live on time – including booking, creative specs, trafficking & general project management
- Overseeing and actioning all post campaign reporting, including providing actionable insights and optimization recommendations
- Ensuring that all campaigns are delivering against agreed KPI’s and briefed objectives
- Overseeing and actioning all financial process including monthly invoicing and invoice recs
- Resolving all invoices queries
- Ensuring that the full compliance process is actioned and completed within deadlines
- Attending & actively contributing in client & internal WIPs
- Attending & actively contributing in briefing sessions
- Liaising with Media Owners daily to brief in campaigns, review brief responses, trouble-shoot creative issues etc.
- Putting together Media Plans and response decks, and presenting your recommendations to the client with supporting rationale
- Managing the workload and progression of a Digital Coordinator
- Updating Digital Manager on status of day to day tasks and performance of junior team members
- Attending all training required to enhance your skills
What you’ll bring:
- High energy
- A team player
- An excellent communicator
- Results driven
- Willing to learn
- Curious and inquisitive
- Passionate about digital
What we’ll bring:
- A fun, supportive & collaborative team
- Digital experts to learn from and grow your career
- Regular social events to network with peers and media owners
- Corporate perks including discounts on Health Insurance, Gym memberships plus more…
- At least 12-18 months of digital experience in a media agency
- Can demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the local digital market, the key digital publishers and their offering
- Has knowledge of the full end-to-end digital planning & buying process
- Is fully proficient in the post-campaign process: digital implementation, booking, trafficking, reporting, invoicing etc.
- Is proficient on DCM, Facebook Business Manager & AdWords
- Is looking to upskill into digital media planning
- Is looking to develop basic people management skills through managing a digital coordinator
- Has good client presentation skills
- Has intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel & Powerpoint
More about MediaCom
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels. By focusing on the totality of our clients' communications, we deliver step-changing media effectiveness improvements, transforming our clients’ business through systems thinking. We employ 1800 people in 23 offices across 15 countries around Asia Pacific.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development.
We were named the best-performing media agency of 2017 (Recma New Biz Balance 2017 report). In terms of new billings alone, MediaCom topped the charts with over $1.6bn in new clients (Recma New Biz Balance 2017 report). We are named the Media Agency Network of the Year by Festival of Media Global Awards (2018/2017), AdWeek (2017), Campaign (2017) and M&M Global (2017).
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.