We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- confidence to challenge what’s gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
Your role in a nutshell:
The role of the Client & Communication (Account Management & Planning) is the key point of contact for our clients, and the development, execution and delivery of media plans, delivering on strategy on time and in full. C&C is the first point of contact for the client and the team at Wavemaker on all plan related queries.
The role of the Media Planning Manager is to develop strong communications/ recommendations across all channels (Paid, Owned, Earned) that are focused on exceeding your clients’ expectations. The C&C Manager takes responsibility for all information flow within WM, working in collaboration with all disciplines and services.
Reporting of the role: This role reports to the C&C Director (Media Planning Director)
Direct reports: C&C Analyst
Key stakeholders: Internal WM & GroupM Departments:
Collaborate with I&A, Digital, C&P, SEO & CRO, SEM, Social and Strategy teams to manage expectations and deliver client objectives.
Establish strong relationships with our media partners at a Media sales representative level
Wavemaker C&C Team:
Contribute to great teamwork with a supportive and positive can-do attitude
- Support the training and development of team members
- Openly communicate and collaborate with all internal Key Stakeholders and reports regularly
- Live and breathe the Wavemaker values everyday (Care, Grow, Create)
- Has expert knowledge and understanding of the wider agency structure, knowing when to tap into resource outside of the C&C team to enhance work.
- Actively participate in C&C team weekly WIPs
- Establish an understanding of client challenges, objectives & initiatives.
- Provide insightful, detailed, timely briefs and feedback to our Media and/or platform partners
- Engage with our media partners, WM product teams and GroupM proprietary product and service teams to ensure you have an understanding of their latest offerings and relevance to our clients
- Own relationships with clients at a Marketing Assistant or Marketing Manager level when it comes to planning and execution conversations
- Works collaboratively with the client supporting their requests to Wavemaker and managing the process and timelines
- Clear understanding of the in-scope services of the client and the process for completing work above and beyond.
- Proactively communicate with Client and internally (any updates, market trends, key developments)
- Owns all communication to the client, making sure that all parties are aligned, actively looks for and seeks out misunderstanding/ miscommunication.
- Help build on the agency's reputation for outstanding client service. Ensure delivery against client expectations every time – “under promise/over deliver”
- Ask questions to ensure you understand the given task and its role within the project
- Own and have 100% pride in all work that comes out of the agency
- Demonstrates an obsession for Purchase Journey planning and how it benefits Wavemakers clients
- A passion for developing and executing amazing strategic work, that delivers business results for your client
- Full understanding and comprehension of the client brief and ability to discuss it internally with the Wavemaker teams
- Support the team using the Wavemaker suite of tools to aid planning
- Use agency & industry tools/resources to develop target audience, brand, competitive, opportunities etc
- Confident in your knowledge of media planning principles (e.g. scheduling, flighting, recency, effective reach theories, seasonality, market prioritisation, roles of all communication channels)
- Ownership of the media plan (creating, developing, updating) ensuring budgets are accurate and the strategy is executed on time and delivered in full
- Ownership of media plan reconciliation, making sure that the Investment teams have billed correctly
- Updating the media plan with any changes from Wavemaker or the client and sharing the update version with all stakeholders
- Improve the benchmark for the quality of the product going to your client
- Able to write and lead presentations with their peers and clients with support from the C&C Director
- Brings new ideas to the table based on what you have seen in and out of work
- Seek to find, communicate and implement improvements in all aspects of the role.
- Play an active role in regular C&C department meetings.
- Share relevant and insightful commentary internally, for the broader agency.
- Be a positive face of Wavemaker at industry events, either related to clients’ category or our media partners.
- Responsible for ensuring all financial and compliance processes are followed with 100% accuracy, including bookings and loadings
- Ensures that clear financial tracking processes are followed, ensures these are implemented accurately, including PO Numbers, MBA Trackers, Value Trackers, etc
- Responsible for ensuring MBA’s, media plans, media confirmation and proformas are reconciled and match with 100% accuracy
- Responsible for ensuring all account queries within 3 days, identifying the reason why the account query occurred and ensuring this process is refined moving forward
- Ensure timesheets are completed accurately daily, and in advance of any annual leave
What you will need:
- Passion for the media industry
- Well developed, up to date, media landscape knowledge (able to articulate current consumer insights).
- Is highly respected by clients when it comes to the media plan and its execution
- Attention to detail
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Problem solving mentality
- Media buying experience
What success looks like:
The easiest and simplest way to see if you have done a great job is when:
In 3 months, you would have:
- Have been introduced to key clients
- Immersed yourself in the team with an understanding of the status of all active and upcoming campaigns.
- Established collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders and internal reports.
- A strong understanding of and can clearly articulate the Wavemaker proposition, core C&C processes and our way of working.
In 6 months, you would have:
- Established yourself and the key point of contact for your account patch, seen as the 1st person for anyone to go to, to find out what is happening on your accounts
- Regularly using and able to demonstrate a strong level of comfort on the use and explanation of WM planning tools, processes and theories.
- Effectively briefing in internal WM and GroupM team members to ensure seamless transition from planning to execution
- Working well with your direct reports
- Actively participating in all WIP’s both internal and external
- Demonstrated your ability to deliver on all aspects of the role in an efficient, effective and proactive way.
- Strengthened your key stakeholder relationships to deliver great team work consistently.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Beginning to take own larger campaign and strategic recommendations and planning for specific clients
- Taking on greater ownership for campaigns and clients – responsibility and volume. Proactively adding value to the team based on campaign performance
- Building strong relationships with clients, representing the Wavemaker team appropriately and ensuring that our campaigns are delivered to the highest quality
- Fully embraced WM planning tools and processes, and amble to fully explain in detail how they each work and how/ when to use them