If you believe in putting everything you are into everything you do, VMLY&R just might be the perfect place for you.
The VMLY&R Melbourne office has its own unique personality. And what you’ll find inside is a space dedicated for small chats, big thinking and collaborative work sessions. We encourage everyone to get together over new ideas and questions no one’s ever asked. That’s how we keep our creative edge and consistently deliver innovative work.
For more information, visit www.vmlyr.com.
The Account Director generates new business opportunities by marketing VMLY&R's products, ideas and services to potential clients. They are responsible for proactively driving the pipeline of new business opportunities for VMLY&R Melbourne & to bring to life network opportunities.
The Account Director acts as the first touchpoint for VMLY&R Melbourne prospects and is responsible for generating and managing in-bound leads, leading tender and pitch efforts, presenting VMLY&R credential’s to clients, and assisting with PR events when required. As a part of the Business Development function, the role aims to influence business pipeline through industry perception, PR initiatives, relationships with partners and engagement with potential clients.
This Account Director is part of the Melbourne Leadership Team and will work closely and collaboratively with the broader VMLY&R network team. Where necessary this role can span across the region if knowledge sharing, partnerships or client commitments are necessary.They work collaboratively with the region’s leadership team and the local leadership team to support the conversion of leads to clients.
The Account Director exhibits professional excellence at all times. They effortlessly build rapport with internal teams, client and leads. They possess a deep understanding of VMLY&R’s service offering, delivery framework and case studies, have exceptional presentation abilities, and strong strategic and negotiation skills.
1. Strategically managing business pipeline
- Develop and lead Melbourne Business Development Strategy
- Develop and lead Melbourne Business Development Strategy
- Identifying and driving the pipeline of sales leads across the VMLY&R footprint
- Ownership and management of sales process
- Record, manage and report on all new business prospects via Zoho
- Drive local partnership strategy to generate leads and growth of existing
- Lead local pitch responses with support from local Managing Director
2. Drive commercial decision making, evaluating new business opportunities to pursue, and ROI on proactive opportunities
- Advisor to business development team on response / commercial engagement models
- Advisor to ELT, MLT, Managing Directors, CSDs and Client Partners
- Accurately define proactive and pitch budgets, and evaluate potential ROI
- Engage and transfer knowledge to relevant team members as appropriate to create winning responses
1. Develop meaningful relationships with existing and potential partners
- Engage with senior stakeholders in organisations that are aligned with VMLY&R’s local and global values, and aspirations of existing and new technology alliances.
- Develop relationship building with leaders of strategically aligned WPP AUNZ businesses
- Build strong relationships with sales teams of VMLY&R’s strategic technology partners.
- Work with and support client service to reach overall VMLY&R growth targets as required.
- Report on and provide insights to Leadership Teams on new business initiatives and conversion.
- Proactively build relationships with senior stakeholder in organisations that align with VMLY&R’s strategic goals.
- Build strong relationships and quickly develop rapport with new and potential clients.
- Build strong relationships with leaders of strategically aligned WPP businesses
Marketing & Influence
1. In conjunction with the Managing Director and Marketing Manager – support local Marketing initiatives
- Develop Melbourne partnership Marketing Strategy for 2020 – can include tech partners, existing clients, owned, attended and sponsored events
- Contribute to building the agency profile by participating in thought leadership activities, case study creation and award submissions.
- Work with the Business Development and Marketing teams to set out and execute a clear targeting and communications plan.
- Work with the local offices to expand their knowledge of VMLY&R’s service offering. Establish advocates to support new business efforts.
- Develop and maintain a prospect database and ensure regular contact and communication.
- Assist marketing with events as required
Sales / Pipeline Management
- Meet annual new business revenue targets as set on an annual basis.
- In-depth understanding and leverage of the VMLY&R and Millipede service offering, delivery framework
- and case studies.
- Strong understanding and strategic experience in digital transformation.
- In-depth understanding of prospective clients’ business and their business objectives.
- Work with ELT to identify revenue and growth targets across verticals, with new and existing VMLY&R
- Drive and maintain the healthy pipeline of sales leads across the VMLY&R footprint.
- Expand the client portfolio in a balanced manner across the service offering.
- Provides all key pipeline data and opportunities in progress as required and report into global and local
- leadership teams.
- Management of sales and negotiation process, working with the Business Development team.
- Act as an advisor to business development team on response / commercial engagement models.
- Live and demonstrate the VMLY&R core values and lead by example in every interaction with prospects or existing clients
- Guides the VMLY&R vision at a local level, collaborating on a national and regional level
- Fosters cross-discipline collaboration throughout VMLY&R
- Embodies a culture of continuous improvement and growth
- Contribute to building the agency profile by participating and providing thought leadership (written and verbal)
- Strong communication of the Business Development strategy to the entire agency, on a frequent basis
- Ensures business values are reflected in all interactions with internal and external contacts
- Focus effort towards VMLY&R’s strategic objectives and goals.
- Empower team members and encourage responsibility and accountability.
- Foster a culture of proactivity, passion and energy for client’s businesses.
- Foster cross-discipline collaboration and readily provide assistance to the broader team.
- Ensure VMLY&R Values are reflected in our work and team: innovation, service, quality, thought.
- Lead by example in every interaction with prospects or existing clients.
- Embody a culture of continuous improvement, embracing diversity and inclusion.