Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a SEO Manager to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients across our SEO team.
This role represents fantastic career growth opportunity in a young, dynamic and growing team within the agency, MediaCom Creative Systems.
Established in 2019, Creative Systems helps brands accelerate their growth through cultural, platform and personal relevance in communications. We pride ourselves on delivering integrated thinking and SEO sits at the heart of this.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Creative Systems Director
3 best things about the job:
1. Working within a dynamic multi discipline team
2. Working with exciting global brands
3. Flexible working and clearly defined career growth opportunities
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- A clear understanding of how the MediaCom SEO team and our clients operate.
- Established day to day communications for direct clients.
- Leading workflow and key meetings across client portfolio.
In six months:
- Complete management of client portfolio
- Working alongside wider Creative Systems team across new business and pitch opportunities
- Clear perspective and opinion of the MediaCom SEO product
In 12 months:
- Develop innovative new approaches and products to maximize clients’ website strategies
- Review and implement strategic changes for SEO clients and team on an ongoing basis
- To manage the workload and training for individuals within your SEO team
- Build clear development plans for all direct reports
- Manage all commercial requirements for client portfolio
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Own and develop SEO strategies with an understanding of how to continuously iterate in a test and learn manner.
- Collaborate and integrate knowledge across teams including social, partnerships, performance media.
- Ensure SEO best practices are widely understood and adopted by your clients and our internal teams.
- Work with the leadership team to create sales proposals & support RFP’s
- Work closely with the Creative Systems leadership team on product development and sales strategies
- Test, understand and use MediaCom’s software to create tracking and reporting solutions for our clients
- Keyword and Competitor Research
- Create and optimise campaign strategies for clients
- Website audits and complete competitor analysis using a variety of tools
- Support the management and accountability for the delivery of all SEO campaigns
- Keep abreast of algorithm changes and the impact on clients’ SEO strategies
- Create and or update SEO product procedures where applicable & supporting documentation & keep this information updated as the market & technology changes
- Regularly report on project progress, 121 meetings, resources, costs, renewals & sales pipeline
- To keep up to date with the SEO industry changes & the latest practices & procedures for website optimisation & feed this information back into our products & our people
- Educate internal teams and clients on SEO developments and the evolution of MediaCom’s SEO offering
- Overall management and accountability for the delivery of MediaCom’s SEO campaigns / projects
- Collaborate with our performance / biddable media team to develop integrated search strategies
- Regular client reporting
What you’ll bring:
- Passion for learning and personal development
- A creative and inquisitive mind, showcasing creative thinking to develop strong content ideas.
- Advanced knowledge of current and emerging SEO best practices, including available tools (e.g. SEM Rush, Screaming Frog, Moz, Brightedge) and actively research and review emerging tools and capabilities
- A solid understanding and working knowledge of web languages, technical SEO, CMS’ and analytics technologies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- An excellent work ethic, problem solving and proficient time management skills
- Work hard, be able to manage deadlines and pressure situations (but also know when to stop & enjoy the great social life at MediaCom)
- Work effectively in a team environment
- A solid understanding of media and how to deliver integrated campaigns across performance and brand.
- The ability to collaborate and develop strong relationships with clients and colleagues around the business.
- Awareness of content opportunities and developments around the industry and the ability to share knowledge accordingly.
- The ability to inspire and motivate.
- A marketing/business/communications degree
- Tertiary qualification in SEO, UX, Content Strategy, CMS or Analytics technologies