Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for an Investment Executive to join us. At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Purpose of position
Investment is the engine room of MediaCom Marketplace. It’s where the rubber hits the road. Investment bring to life the Connected Execution plans, develop exciting partnerships built on your relationships with the media, and deliver value for our clients. Futureproofed, you operate in a system powered by data, technology and automation, built around best in class products and processes. You are the empowered negotiator, the confident trader and the system optimizer, underpinned by a futureproofed way of working. As an Investment Executive you are responsible for the delivery of campaign objectives, ensuring that you are using data, technology and tools to deliver best in class media systems.
- Media Owner sales reps
- Relevant tech and data providers
- Day to day clients
- Specialist Business Units (MBA, Business Science, Automation)
On any given day, you might:
- Contribute to daily or weekly team meetings to get across key priorities and delegate what is required to the team Co-ordinator
- Use workflow tools to keep you and junior team members on track
- Work with our SBU teams to implement best in class solutions and initiatives for your clients
- Take part in a brainstorm with a media owner or brief an external partner to kick start a unique response to brief
- Keep the manager updated on the day to day performance of junior team members
- Ensure junior team members send follow up emails post all formal training, highlighting learnings
- Attend required training to enhance your skills
- Work closely with you Co-ord to manage their workload and ensure they are on track
- Play a key role in the planning and buying process
- Run end to end investment projects across your client remit
- Work with your manager to review publisher brief responses
- Work on refining and negotiating to get to the optimum solution
- Demonstrate your ongoing use & knowledge of all Connected Execution/Implementation tools
- Access your reporting dashboard to review and deliver best in class insights to clients, that demonstrate your ability to deliver against briefed objectives
- Ensure all relevant Media KPI data is pulling into your client dashboard to enable your team to deliver the best insights
- Arrange meetings with media owners, tech vendors, auditors amongst others to keep abreast of the latest opportunities for your clients
- Take ownership of any invoice queries ensure they are resolved or managed delivering an ongoing best in class approach to finance management
- Reconcile a completed campaign to ensure all value has been delivered and client KPIs met.
- Present your high level understanding of the different products and offerings across the MediaCom business
What makes a good Investment Executive?
- Is a go-getter who can self-motivate to deliver the best for the client
- Can build solid relationships with internal team members, media owners, tech vendors, data providers
- Is quick to learn industry tools and capable of training junior staff
- Is curious to understand how to take data and apply it to investment plans
- Keeps up with the latest industry news, trends and developments
- Gets excited to build connected systems that deliver against business solutions
- Shows an excellent attention to detail and can pick up on other’s errors
- Loves to actively share point of view on market and industry trends and news
- Understands the importance of the finance process
- Demonstrates good presentation skills with the ability to provide rationale behind media recommendations
- Is organised and structured with the ability to manage workflow deliverables
- Demonstrates a good understanding of all media channels, their strengths and weakness and how the marketplace impacts the media buy and plan
- Previous experience in media planning and buying, you know what works, why and how
- Knowledge of media channels and tools
- High levels of energy and a desire to deliver great work
- A willingness to learn and desire to challenge yourself
- Best in class attention to detail and accuracy
- A collaborative approach
- A team player attitude
- A willingness to go above and beyond
- Passion for the media industry and specifically the importance of investment in the process
More about MediaCom
MediaCom helps brands unlock growth through media. We do this by applying our unique Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business, enabling us to identify the best avenues for growth and unlock the potential in every brand.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing belief that if we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for our teams but also for our clients. “People First, Better Results” means that we invest in our people’s careers and capabilities to help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2018, this approach led MediaCom to become the first network to hold all six major Media Network of the Year titles concurrently: Adweek, Campaign, Cannes Lions, Festival of Media Global, M&M Global and WARC Media 100. The agency retained the WARC Media 100 title in 2019, also winning Agency of the Year (MediaCom Israel) and Campaign of the Year (Gillette – I Don’t Roll on Shabbos, MediaCom Connections Israel).
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$13.5 billion (Source: COMvergence, March 2019), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/Mediacom
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.