The Programmatic Buying Unit is part of the programmatic services of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP.
The Executive is a crucial role within our Programmatic Buying Unit as you will provide the foundations for the success across our programmatic campaigns. You will be responsible for all aspects of campaign implementation, monitoring and reporting, working very closely with your Manager to produce best-in-class solutions, offer unparalleled service and deliver against targets. You will be highly analytical, have an acute attention to detail and you are excited to work with market leading technologies. Most importantly, you will be passionate about and driven to deepen your knowledge of all things programmatic media buying.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Manager – Programmatic Buying Unit, GroupM.
3 best things about the job:
- Work in a fun filled environment, surrounded by talented digital specialists, where we combine the best digital expertise, technology and innovative global and local brands.
- Build your understanding of the programmatic landscape, with exposure and learning opportunities across multiple digital media disciplines.
- Great opportunities for career progression locally and internationally, within the GroupM business or across the GroupM agencies.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Demonstrated a clear understanding of GroupM’s programmatic media proposition.
- The ability to start working independently, being fully trained across the campaign workflow, processes and operations in your specialist team.
- Taken over the provision of basic campaign operations and regular campaign reporting.
Completed relevant platform training and accreditation.
In six months:
- Supported your Manager with briefing, planning and tactical strategies across your accounts.
- Become proficient across the suite of technologies and optimisation tools/techniques.
- A clear understanding of clients’ objectives and have implemented account optimisations that have made a measurable impact to campaign performance.
In twelve months:
- Developed advanced optimisation skills and analytical techniques across brand and performance campaigns.
- Built an intermediate to advanced understanding of all technology platforms used within your specialist business unit.
- The skills and confidence to start directly managing tier two / three accounts, to achieve campaign goals and objectives.
- An understanding of GroupM’s broader proposition and service channels.
What your day job looks like at GroupM:
- Work closely with the Manager to manage accounts across a portfolio of clients, supporting across day-to-day campaign management responsibilities.
- Undertake the campaign set up process for all campaigns within your portfolio, troubleshoot any tracking and discrepancy queries, and ensure campaigns are activated with accuracy and following best practice.
- Ensure the latest optimisation techniques, platform tools and products are utilised across your portfolio of accounts.
- Analyse ongoing results to identify campaign trends and key insights, and provide thoughtful recommendations to ensure we meet and exceed client goals.
- Produce performance reports and presentations across your campaign portfolio as required by the service level agreements.
- Look for new media partner opportunities, as well as identifying opportunities with our current media partners to enable the best outcomes for our clients.
- Build yourself to be an expert in our technologies by undertaking all specialist platform accreditation and training (DSP’s used are: DV360, Xandr, The Trade Desk, Adobe, Amazon), as well as developing a sound understanding of ad serving technologies, tracking set up, conversion tracking and technical troubleshooting across all platforms.
What you’ll bring:
- An open, collaborative, and proactive attitude to foster relationships both within the Programmatic Buying Unit team and external tech and media partners alike.
- An understanding of digital media and the technology landscape.
- A genuine interest in learning and understanding more about the programmatic ecosystem; the technologies, the challenges and pitfalls; to advise clients and agencies alike.
- Exposure to performance marketing, as well as analysing data and delivering insights.
- The ability to take accountability for the quality of yours and the team’s work.
- A high attention to detail and organisation skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- An intermediate working knowledge of Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, statistics, science, marketing or communications related discipline
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a digital operations or campaign management role in either an agency, publisher or technology business.
- 6 months’ experience within an equivalent programmatic role – Ideal but not mandatory