MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Marketplace Investment Director to join us. At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Head of Marketplace and Group Investment Director
This role will be working across key clients; Uber and eBay.
A typical day working on some of the industry’s most exciting and fast paced clients – Uber & eBay – starts with a team catch up as our mantra is You Can’t Win Alone and we truly live and breathe this day in day out.
From there you’ll be involved in a range of exciting campaigns and projects including major sponsorships like Australian Open, pushing the boundaries of innovation with media owners in collaborating on partnerships beyond just media placement and working closely with highly awarded creative agencies to bring to life the next Cannes Lions winning campaign.
Part of your day will also be spent nurturing and growing the junior talent on our team, imparting your experience and knowledge of the landscape and implementation skills. You will also have access and be supported to continue to learn and develop your own skills and understanding of the everchanging marketing ecosystem with regular thought leadership presentations from both internal and external media experts.
Finally, you will be an active contributor to the culture of the marketplace (investment) department, supporting in shaping and rolling out important initiatives that will help us to continue to be one of the leading agencies in market.
ON ANY GIVEN DAY, YOU MIGHT
- Ensure regular 121 time with all direct reports (if applicable) & conduct appraisals for the team annually
- Assist the Group Director or Business Lead with recruitment for vacant roles
- Partner with our Talent team to manage recruitment requirements of the department, help to shape the culture and combat churn
- Follow the onboarding process for 100% of all new hires within the team, including development of the 100 day plan for new hires
- Review your team's training needs to make sure their career plans are aligned to their progression
- Role model effective communication skills/ practices
- Work with our content creation or Business Science teams to deliver best in class solutions and initiatives
- Run a brainstorm with a media owner or unlock a first to market opportunity with an external partner to build out a unique response to a brief
- Oversee the investment output of the team, translating in channel strategy recommendation to investment activation
- Ensure the team are delivering against client trading KPIs, reviewing proposals and budget management
- Ensuring you and your team are using the various 20|20 and investment tools to add structure and rationale to planning.
- Contribute to Marketplace product development and direction
- Identify best in class work to the PR& Marketing team/submit award entries
- Lead merchandising across the agency and externally
- Work with your team to deliver reports that deliver insight and add value to your client
- Meet with media owners, tech vendors, auditors amongst others to keep abreast of the latest opportunities for your clients
- Lead and manage client WIPs ensuring all relevant campaign and market updates are communicated
- Managed client related action with the team.
- Influence your client and get their buy in on your point of view or opinion about a recent market trend or development
- Oversee forecasts, ensuring they are met by the team
- Identify new commercial opportunities over and above media reccomendations
- Work with GroupM data to inform investment decisions
- Ensure your team are across and actions all aged debt, account queries and audits
Keys skills the right candidate has:
- Strong negotiation skills and experience running annual negotiations (primarily TV)
- Results driven with track record working on audited clients – both eBay and Uber have strict audit targets we need to meet
- Strong knowledge of media landscape and Australian market experience would be preferred
- Experience building strong client and media relationships
- Experience using all key investment/trading tools (SMD, TVMap, Mediawise, eTam, AQX, SMI, eRam, Asteroid)
- Ideally has experience leading and managing a large team (will have 9 direct reports)