The Programmatic Buying Unit is part of the programmatic services of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP.
The Senior Executive is a crucial role within our Programmatic Buying Unit as you will work autonomously to manage accounts within the team. You will also be responsible for all aspects of campaign implementation, monitoring and reporting, as well as providing best in class client service to drive client accounts and present new opportunities. You will have solid programmatic operational experience and be highly analytical, with an acute attention to detail. You are excited to work with market leading technologies and finding new creative ways to drive success for our clients. Most importantly, you will be passionate about and driven to deepen your knowledge of all things programmatic media buying.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Manager – Programmatic Buying Unit, GroupM.
3 best things about the job:
- Work in a fun filled environment, surrounded by talented digital specialists, where we combine the best digital expertise, technology and innovative global and local brands.
- Build your understanding of the programmatic landscape, with exposure and learning opportunities across multiple digital media disciplines.
- Great opportunities for career progression locally and internationally, within the GroupM business or across the GroupM agencies.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Demonstrated a clear understanding of GroupM’s programmatic media proposition.
- Completed training across all aspects of service delivery, operations, processes, best practices and specialist/platform qualifications required for your specialist team.
- Independently manage day-to-day running of account operations and optimising accounts for success.
In six months:
- Independently manage briefing, planning and tactical strategies across your accounts.
- A sound understanding of your clients and campaigns, providing regular reporting and insights, presented new opportunities and provided continual recommendations to improve results.
- Worked closely with your manager to provide regular updates with your stakeholders to ensure performance and service levels were maintained and collaborated regularly with the Programmatic Services team to develop client strategy across your portfolio of clients.
- Provided regular updates and feedback to stakeholders to ensure technical challenges were resolved, new technologies and capabilities were assimilated, and processes were optimised to ensure focus was on developing client strategy across your portfolio of clients.
In twelve months:
- An understanding of GroupM’s broader proposition and service channels.
- Consistently managed and delivered campaigns through your portfolio of clients, with the highest degree of service, strongest results and without error.
- Become a trusted advisor to your GroupM, agency and client partners, delivered successful outcomes.
- Supported the development of peers through facilitating training sessions and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Supported your manager in the training and mentoring of others across your team.
- Meaningfully contributed to broader team initiatives and projects.
What your day job looks like at GroupM:
- Independently manage accounts across a portfolio of clients, including day-to-day running of account operations, delivering campaign outcomes and best-in-class client service.
- Undertake the campaign set up process for all campaigns within your portfolio, troubleshoot any tracking and discrepancy queries, ensure campaigns are activated with accuracy and following best practice, providing thoughtful insights and analysis, exceeding your campaign goals, delivering against core business objectives and providing clear reporting.
- Ensure the latest optimisation techniques, platform tools and products are utilised across your portfolio of accounts.
- Produce performance reports and analyse ongoing results to identify campaign trends and key insights to provide thoughtful recommendations to ensure we meet and exceed client goals.
- Look for new media partner opportunities, as well as identifying opportunities with our current media partners to enable the best outcomes for our clients.
- Build yourself to be an expert in our technologies by undertaking all specialist platform accreditation and training (DSP’s used are: DV360, Xandr, The Trade Desk, Adobe, Amazon), as well as developing a sound understanding of ad serving technologies, tracking set up, conversion tracking and technical troubleshooting across all platforms.
- Develop strong, trusted relationships with your PBU peers, agencies, clients and platform partners, advocating and effectively communicating your specialist solutions and services.
- Positively contribute and begin to lead projects and specialty areas across the PBU team to positively contribute to the growth and development of overall team and PBU positioning.
- Support manager in training and development of peers.
What you’ll bring:
- An understanding of the programmatic industry and the technology landscape.
- A technical and operational knowledge of the programmatic eco-system, as well as some of the major DSPs and SSPs in the Australian market.
- The ability to collaborate with your peers to deliver success.
- Experience in supporting across projects outside campaign day-to-day to drive team growth.
- An open, collaborative, and proactive attitude to foster relationships both within the Programmatic Buying Unit team and external tech and media partners alike.
- A genuine interest in learning and understanding more about the programmatic ecosystem; the technologies, the challenges and pitfalls; to advise clients and agencies alike.
- Understanding of conversion tracking and ad serving technologies, tracking set up, the workflow and troubleshooting.
- Exposure to performance marketing, as well as analysing data and delivering insights.
- The ability to take accountability for the quality of yours and the team’s work.
- A high attention to detail and organisation skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An intermediate working knowledge of Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, statistics, science, marketing or communications related discipline
- 2-4 years’ experience working in a programmatic operations or campaign management role
- Experience working in a digital agency, or a publisher/agency/client-side trading desk is highly desirable
About GroupM Australia
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.