Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Biddable Manager to join us. In this role, you will have a focus on SEM + Social, and be responsible for ensuring you and your team are delivering effective SEM + Social campaigns, hitting KPIs and ensuring best in class implementation, consistent optimisation and reporting. You’ll work closely with the Biddable Director to define strategic approach to client briefs, and be involved in bringing first-to-market opportunities for our global client set.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Biddable Director, and works adjacently with the Digital Directors in the client teams and the Client Leads
3 best things about the job:
1. Enact the channel plan from inception to completion – you get to own it
2. Work with and learn from a dedicated, curious and highly-skilled team
3. Engage with some of most respected, trusted, and digitally savvy clients in the world across MediaCom’s wide client roster in FMCG, Luxury, Retail, Travel + Sport
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- You will be the enigmatic first point of contact for all channel-specific client requests and have an adequate grasp of all live campaigns
- You’ll have worked on your first brief and presented these recommendations to the client
- You’ll be fully accountable for your own day to day performance and product output, ensuring ownership of and adherence to ownership of the GroupM SEM & Social Brilliant Basics
In six months:
- With your manager, you will have supported the evolution or restructuring of your teams approach to channel activation and pushed your accounts forward in line with burgeoning market trends
- Identified actionable campaign insights that can inform our next-stage strategies or subsequent brief responses
- Shown an innate ability to form partnerships with media owners, platforms and vendors and made good use of strategic recommendations through the lens of our client’s businesses
In 12 months:
- Delivered a connected point of view on what’s right for the brand in terms of channel budgets, weights, new opportunities, regionality and test and learns
- Developed skillset to individually handle brief responses & established agency training of biddable practitioners
- Identified key areas within our business that align with your passions, and worked with your Director to define a path for progression towards your next dream role
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Manage your upcoming week's workflow, making sure goals are set and met
- Participate in a brainstorm with a media owner or brief an external partner to kick start a unique response to client
- Keep the Biddable Director updated on any people, client or commercial challenges
- Deliver insightful performance reports and client friendly presentations across your campaigns with a clear point of view on performance
- Assist the Biddable Director on managing output of end to end biddable projects across your client remit, working with appropriate stakeholders where relevant
- Take the lead on developing integrated strategies through close work with the client teams
What you’ll bring:
- Passion, curiosity, and a ‘lifelong learner’ attitude
- A strong ability to handle client communications in-person, over the phone and email
- A desire to work with autonomy and the drive to ensure you’re always building on past performance
- Knowledge of when is the right time to speak up, to engage, to challenge a peer or senior and provide insight or an alternative way of thinking
- Aptitude to handle time-sensitive requests from a variety of key stakeholders
- 3-5 years experience in Biddable platforms (Facebook & Instagram compulsory, Google compulsory)
- Strong digital advertising knowledge
- Strong written and spoken English
- Strong organisational and numeracy skills
- Proactive can-do attitude
More about MediaCom
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels. By focusing on the totality of our clients' communications, we deliver step-changing media effectiveness improvements, transforming our clients’ business through systems thinking. We employ 1800 people in 23 offices across 15 countries around Asia Pacific.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development.
We were named the best-performing media agency of 2017 (Recma New Biz Balance 2017 report). In terms of new billings alone, MediaCom topped the charts with over $1.6bn in new clients (Recma New Biz Balance 2017 report). We are named the Media Agency Network of the Year by Festival of Media Global Awards (2018/2017), AdWeek (2017), Campaign (2017) and M&M Global (2017).
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.