As the A&T Executive reporting into the Investment Director and supporting the Planning Director, you can expect to be involved with everything from big trade deals, unlocking additional value for our investment, uncovering insights, and inspiring the team with case studies. You will also run with key Brand partnership activities like Cricket and TV integrations. You will leverage IKON’s suite of tools and dashboards to deliver optimal, and accurate recommendations for both investment and planning initiatives.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the Investment Director
Three best things about the job:
- Opportunity to grow – you work on a well-respected client in an ever-changing landscape. You will become essential in the day-to-day rhythm of the team and will be learning from two experienced Directors.
- Variety in your role – You will get involved in large briefs and annual trade deals, whilst delivering sponsorships and integrations. This is a rare role where you will get the ability to grow in many disciplines.
- Dynamic team & agency – we’re known for our desire to do good work, freedom of thought and ideas, and a cracking culture.
What’s your role?
You will be part of the Central team within the broader CommBank patch, which is there to lift capability and output across trade, planning and digital. This role will support both the Investment Director and Planning Director and will take on key initiatives to ensure we continue delivering great value, insights, and outcomes for CommBank. Some examples include:
- Analyse, benchmark and help to negotiate large trade deals and help the A&T team with their data analysis.
- Manage regular planning data requests for CommBank, including share of voice, activity splits, regional/metro spends etc.
- Be an expert in all offline media channels and digital advocate while sharing expertise with clients and broader team and agency
- Project manage the annual plan deals – ensuring everything runs smoothly, from booking, asset dispatch, printing requirements, to loading.
- Attend and provide insightful input into group/team WIPs, agency discussions, Trading Market Meetings and media owner presentations to share knowledge with coordinators
In 3 months
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal teams and key partners (including media owners, creative teams and clients)
- Communicate in a professional and timely manner as directed by your manager.
- Have a good understanding of the client’s business and internal processes
In 6 months
- Negotiate trading positions across all mediums ensuring all benchmarks (FMM, client and internal), trading strategies and contractual agreements are met.
- Mentor and lead the team managing trade initiatives to develop detailed media plans, utilise planning tools and build an understanding of the negotiation process.
In 12 months
- Assist the Directors in strategic media planning and responses to client briefs
- Deliver innovative communication solutions that amplify the creative idea and surprise & delight the client
- Build profile through writing or contributing to agency opinion pieces
- Opportunities to grow and progress your career within Ikon
What will help you succeed:
- Minimum 2 years media experience
- Working knowledge of the media planning & buying processes & tools
- Passion for media and understanding of the market conditions
- Curiosity and willingness to further progress in the media industry
- Eagerness to add value to the team and wider agency
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Degree in Communications, Media or similar is preferred but not essential
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Access to WPPs training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/