We are looking for a Digital Manager to join our Amplification & Trading team at Ikon, working across one of Australia’s most recognisable brands - Commonwealth Bank. You will be part of a growing team that drives the end-to-end media process, including everything from strategic planning right through to post analysis. You will partner with your broader Ikon team and CommBank in-house media team to deliver impactful and effective campaigns.
Three best things about this job
- Opportunity to grow – you work on a well-respected client in an ever-changing landscape. You will become a true partner for their media needs and will be supported in your growth and development both on the job and through training.
- Variety in your role – You will have the ability to own some client relationships whilst working with the team for digital media planning and buying outcomes. You will stretch from supporting multi-million-dollar campaigns to running end-to-end digital initiatives.
- Dynamic team & agency – we’re known for our desire to do good work, freedom of thought and ideas, and a cracking culture.
What’s your role?
The Ikon / CommBank team is expanding, with a core focus on increasing the digital planning capability and output at Ikon to continue working together with the CommBank in-house media team. This role is one of two, tasked with planning across the entire digital ecosystem for a set products and segments. It includes implementing direct digital buys whilst working with the CommBank in-house media team to implement the programmatic element. You’ll coach and mentor the more junior team members on digital media best practice and guide their personal development in this field.
You will be the digital product expert within your patch, and key to delivering innovative, impactful and effective digital initiatives.
In 3 months:
- Have a good understanding of the tools available to Ikon across planning and buying.
- Ensure that holistic thinking is carried across digital channel planning and set outcomes that can be clearly measured.
- Build strong relationships across the Ikon and in-house media team, working collaboratively to deliver initiatives.
In 6 months:
- Embed yourself as the digital expert within your client patch, supporting the director with digital planning & buying needs and working closely with the in-house media team & Digital Lead to deliver innovative and impactful initiatives.
- With the support of the A&T Director, present plans and post campaign reports to the client as well as attend regular WIPs.
- Deliver and implement first class communication solutions for a variety of brand and acquisition briefs ensuring quality in the process every step of the way.
- Ensure consistent and thorough briefing of suppliers and production of plans with the best opportunities presented to Commonwealth Bank.
In 12 months and beyond:
- Maintain a strong relationship with clients, Ikon and in-house media teams, and media partners to ensure integration flows between all partners.
- Lead and direct all team members to support in the development of digital media concepts, plans and implementation of buys – that are planned holistically with the broader media mix.
What will help you succeed
- Preference is for a degree in marketing, advertising or communications
- Preference of 4 years+ agency experience, with a minimum 3 years as a social media planner/buyer
- Technical knowledge and in platform experience in platforms including Google Ads, SA360, Facebook, Twitter, Analytics
- Highly organised, project management and coordination skills.
- Able to communicate effectively and work as part of the wider team.
- A willingness to learn and innovate across the entire digital ecosystem.
- Previous experience on a financial client is not
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Access to WPPs training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/