We are looking for a Social Manager to join the Ikon team, working across one of Australia’s most recognisable brands - Commonwealth Bank. You will be part of a growing team that drives the end-to-end media process, including everything from strategic planning right through to post analysis. You will partner with your broader Ikon team, CommBank in-house media team and CommBank’s creative partners to deliver impactful and effective social campaigns.
Three best things about this job
- Opportunity to grow – you work on a well-respected client in an ever-changing landscape. You will become a true partner for their social media needs and will be supported in your growth and development both on the job and through training.
- Variety in your role – You will get involved in all social output across the team, from planning & ideation to measurement. You will drive innovative solutions that deliver impact & results.
- Dynamic team & agency – we’re known for our desire to do good work, freedom of thought and ideas, and a cracking culture.
What’s your role?
The Ikon/CommBank team is expanding, with a core focus on increasing the digital planning capability and output at Ikon to continue working together with the CommBank in-house media team. This role is tasked with planning social and complementing activity within digital or traditional media. You will work closely with the CommBank in-house media team who will implement the social buys. You’ll coach and mentor the more junior team members on social media best practice and guide their personal development in this field.
You will be the social product expert across the CommBank team, working closely with the campaign media leads and Digital lead to deliver strong social initiatives.
In 3 months:
- Understand Ikon and CommBank’s in-house media processes.
- Build strong relationships across the Ikon and in-house media team, working collaboratively with the to deliver initiatives.
- Identify ways to strengthen the operational process for social, to deliver more meaningful results across initiatives.
In 6 months:
- Develop strong relationships with key media partners and become a thought leader with clients and the CommBank in-house media team.
- Update clients on the changing social landscape and upcoming initiatives and implement a testing roadmap for social media platforms.
- Mentor team members – encourage training, development and the delivery of results.
- Ensure consistent and thorough briefing of suppliers and production of plans with the best opportunities presented to Commonwealth Bank.
In 12 months:
- Embed yourself as the social expert within the CBA team, supporting Directors & Managers with social planning & buying needs and working closely with the in-house media team & Digital Lead deliver innovative and impactful initiatives.
- Maintain a strong relationship with clients, Ikon and in-house media teams, and media partners to ensure integration flows between all partners.
- Lead and develop all team members to develop social media initiatives, plans and implementation of buys – that are planned holistically with the broader media mix.
You will work closely with the internal teams and digital specialists to create and maintain synergies between discipline areas. You will own the relationship with partners and industry stakeholder.
What will help you succeed
- Preference is for a degree in marketing, advertising or communications
- Preference of 4 years+ agency experience, with a minimum 3 years as a social media planner/buyer
- Technical knowledge and in platform experience in platforms Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snap, Analytics
- Highly organised, project management and coordination skills
- Able to communicate effectively and work as part of the wider team
- A willingness to learn and innovate across the entire digital ecosystem
- Previous experience on a financial client is not essential
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Access to WPPs training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/