We’re looking for someone who understands that every contact point is an opportunity to charm the socks off people. In this role you’ll need to be able to synthesize a complex array of information into a simple plan for how our clients connect with their customers. You’ll apply deep logic to your strategic thinking and back everything up with data. You’ll need to guide several strategists and a series of product teams to gather their knowledge and direct their thinking and output to create the most integrated communication offering in the market.
Three best things about this job
- Big clients with big brands that want to behave like a start-up. Small clients with small brands that have multinational ambition
- Working with a concentration of communication skill-sets, like a MasterChef jus' that’s been reducing for hours
- Helping to shape Ikon’s future; one that isn’t pigeonholed into a particular output and can morph and evolve faster than its competition
What’s your role –
In 3 months:
- Learn our client’s business: Get in the mix of what’s going on and learn as much as you can about their category, their own business and the key issues we can help them address
- Learn your team’s ambitions: Find out who these people are and what makes them come to work in the morning. What do they want to learn? Where do they want to go? How can you help them?
- Learn our business: Understand how we’ve managed to integrate such a diverse range of communication services under the one roof. Learn our language, the things we care about and the things we laugh about
In 6 months:
- A plan for how we can improve our client’s communications and what we need to do to improve our client’s communications
- Development plans for your team and the strategy team
- Implementation of improvements to ways of working within your team and proposals for how your team integrates with other parts of the organisation
- Plus, new business wins
In 12 months:
- Meeting client KPI’s for our strategic contribution to their business and a strengthening of our relationships. Meeting specific campaign objectives
- Creation of a high-performance environment for the individuals in your team; individuals improving their skill set and meeting their level of performance as outlined in their individual development plans
- Creation of a high-performance environment for your team; Team adding significant value to the holistic Ikon product, and industry recognition
- Overall output and control of the strategy product. Our strategy team influences the whole communications process from the identification of insights through to the development of ideas and the evaluation of post activity results. Getting the strategy right is critical
- Working closely with, and support, the Strategy Directors/Managers across client briefings, the development of strategic outputs and the selling of our work through to client approval. As such, it’s your responsibility to ensure our client’s recognise Ikon as a key strategic partner, consistently exceeding expectations
- Development of the strategy teams’ skills, product and resources available for them to deliver their work. This includes managing their workflow, training requirements, and KPI setting & measurement
- A key role in driving new business opportunities from identification through to submission, presentation and beyond
- Build a strong culture promoting curiosity, insights, ideas and innovation, both within the agency and externally. You need to drive Ikon’s ambition to be the most influential integrated agency in the market
What will help you succeed
- Strong strategic planning background from brand, digital or media. Our preference is a mixture of planning skills that allows you to integrate all communication functions both within our organisation and with our external partners
- 10+ years strategy experience working across a broad spectrum of categories and clients - the more you’ve been around the better
- Experience in a senior strategy leadership position with management responsibilities of other strategists. The ability to get work done through others.
- Self-awareness, emotional intelligence and motivational skills that will allow you to both empower and encourage your direct reports and other team members
- The oratory skills of Barack Obama, the writing skills of Ernest Hemingway, and the black polo of Steve Jobs
- A ‘Ready to go’ attitude from day one, but more importantly from day 180. A willingness to get your hands dirty in strategy to really impact the output of the agency and the on-the-job training people receive from working with you
- Tertiary education, ideally with a focus on business or strategy related learning
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Access to WPPs training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/