Be part of an exciting, dynamic communications agency which is itself part of a truly global creative transformation network! Why not apply your passion for numbers in a leading communications agency with funky offices in the Rocks? The Financial Controller role is a 12 month contract and will play a key role in the day to day finance function and managing staff costs for Ikon, while leading a team of finance professionals achieve their best potential.
Three best things about the job
- Active involvement in managing staff budgets and working directly with various team in managing their budgets
- Being a part of a large national finance team with exposure to business leaders throughout WPP AUNZ
- We offer flexible working conditions
What's your role -
In 3 months:
- Full function month end preparation and coordination including analysis of flash results, forecast pack updates and balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintaining company fiscal policies to ensure these are always correct and current
- Timely and accurate reporting to local and global parent entities
- Monthly staff cost and headcount reporting
In 6 months
- Partner with product leaders working to set budgets and provide variance analysis as appropriate
- Ownership of Sarbanes Oxley compliance, including working with internal and external auditors
- Supplier contract negotiations
- Advice to Chief Operating Officer and Finance Director in tracking headcount and identifying staff cost savings opportunities
What will help you succeed
- Relevant accounting degree
- 5-10 years, preferably in a similar role within an advertising or service-based industry
- Ability to problem solve, think analytically and work independently
- Be highly organised, being able to multi task in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Access to WPPs training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/