As the Communications Planner, you will be planning the client’s paid media investment. You will assist in the planning of the media experience and bringing the clients campaign to life. A Comms Planner will be involved in the whole process, from strategy input through to post analysis.
At Ikon the Comms Planner is the hub of the client’s campaign, living and breathing all channels and building strong relationships with a wide range of partners, so this role will be forward facing with both client and media.
At Ikon, we are a team of passionate people, who chase innovation, and we hold our media relationships dear to our hearts. We embody partnerships in the true sense of the word, and look to challenge ourselves in everything we do.
So, we are seeking an individual who is passionate about media and keen to break conventions and challenge the status quo.
Three best things about this job
- Single focused client responsibilities
- Fantastic collaborative client relationship servicing stable long-term planning client
- A large client team that is high energy, cohesive and supportive whilst working together to produce cracking work!
What’s your role
In three months:
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with client
- Develop positive relationships with key media partners to maximise opportunities for our client
- Develop detailed offline plans from approved strategic direction; provides clear communication and accurate translation of plans to trade team and/or junior staff for trading, invoicing, tracking and reporting purposes
- Demonstrate accurate delivery of campaigns as well as the written & verbal presentation of results internally and to clients
- Good attention to detail
In six months:
- Develop detailed offline planning in conjunction with Client Service Director
- Build relationship with key junior client team members
- Deepen the relationships with the media
In 12 months:
- Develop detailed offline planning with little support from Group Business Director
- Maintain relationship established with clients
- Provide proactive opportunities and planning outside the box ideas to client
- Co-create with the media partnerships beyond traditional spots and dots
- Opportunity to grow with the client and expand into new areas beyond traditional media.
- Become a sports marketing specialist and leading the client into the data and tech advancements in this area
What will help you succeed
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Trading/ Media Buying (not including time as a co-ordinator)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Access to WPPs training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/