You will be the heartbeat of the team and the main point of contact within the Performance team for clients and internal stakeholders. Your specialist skill and lead area will be either paid social, paid search or programmatic media, however this role encompasses holistically leading performance strategy across all channels for your core client group. You’ll be putting together the most appropriate performance strategy for each client, balancing investment levels between social, search and programmatic to make sure client KPIs are met. You’ll also be the bridge between the performance team and the other teams in the agency, making sure our thinking is included in all relevant media plans and the best performance solutions are presented to the clients. Finally, you’ll manage, mentor and coach junior members of the Performance team, guiding their personal development and value to the Ikon business.
Three best things about this job:
1. Be a trusted advisor for our internal teams on performance channels, developments and the role these channels play for the client and also an expert in performance channels, keeping up to date with recent industry developments
2. Lead by example, setting expectations and transferring your technical knowledge to junior team members all within the most desirable team within the agency.
3. Working on a diverse set of clients each with their own unique approaches to marketing and ensuring that our thinking and implementation is never uniform.
What’s your role:
In 3 months:
- Met with each client, understood their business goals & demonstrated clear proficiency in account management
- Taken responsibility for the prioritisation and management of the workload of the Performance team, instilling best practice operations
- Autonomously leading and managing the bidding strategy and account optimisation, ensuring the best results are being achieved by the team, according to clients’ goals
In 6 months:
- Managing an efficient and inspired team, with high quality of output, continually developing their competencies and knowledge to delivery market leading campaigns. Be a performance expert for Ikon, recommending and presenting to clients and internal stakeholders on performance best practice
- Is leading campaign testing, innovation and constantly striving to improve performance through free thinking and fluid ideas
- Is involved with training and development of junior members of the Performance team
- Evangelising performance, keeping abreast of the changing landscape, delivering updates internally and externally, and uncovering new opportunities in market
In 12 months:
- Supports the performance directors to continually develop and activate Ikons performance product
- Taking full accountability for exceeding all client needs from a performance perspective
- Has established and confident knowledge in additional performance media discipline i.e. paid social or programmatic
- Aligns performance media and above the line activity to allow for complete integration
- Proactively takes the lead on performance initiatives to develop the team and product nationally
- Contributing to internal and external PR by leading award-winning performance media campaigns
- Play a lead role in new business pitches where Performance channels are involved
What will help you succeed
- 3+ years’ experience in the performance space particularly paid search or paid social
- Experience of more than one biddable channel is highly desirable such as paid search, paid social or programmatic media
- Exceptional technical knowledge and in platform experience to deliver performance excellence across Paid Search, Paid Social or Programmatic media. Platforms including MediaMath, DV360, Amobee, Google Ads, SA360, Facebook, Twitter, Snap, Analytics
- Comprehensive channel knowledge to be able to articulate and implement best practices across planning, buying, campaign management and operations
- Thorough experience with campaign optimisation, management and reporting
- Understanding of how to plan, buy and optimise for campaigns with either brand or direct response KPIs
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Access to WPPs training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/