At whiteGREY we pride ourselves on creating extraordinary experiences for the people we are designing for, and we believe the best experiences come from resolving the toughest tensions. We believe in a combination of analysis and user research to help find the tensions we need to solve, and in having highly talented people to solve those tensions and create the extraordinary experiences.
A great opportunity to work alongside a union of specialist practitioners in one of the leading marketing communications groups in Australia and New Zealand. WhiteGREY is a full service digital and creative agency and part of WPP AUNZ, the world’s largest communications services group that comprises 5,500 people working across 80 companies in over 170 offices in this region. To say that whiteGREY is ridiculously well-connected would be an understatement.
As an Account Director, you will be responsible for nurturing, building and growing productive client relationships through behaving as a trusted partner and adding value in every client interaction. Through a proactive attitude and deep understanding of the brands you work across, you will constantly be looking for and identifying opportunities that add real value to our clients’ business and grow the account for whiteGREY.
You will work closely with our client to forward plan and roadmap activities that will deliver a return on investment. You will also ensure collaboration with the internal team at whiteGREY that projects are delivered to a high quality and are on brief, on budget, on time & on brand.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels and with your counterparts at other agencies within the village
- Identify risks in advance and flag them internally before they become issues
- Drive business conversations – understanding the ‘why’ ie. What are the objectives / what does success look like before committing to a plan of action
- Look through a strategic lens and be ‘opportunity focused’ rather than task focused
- Look for ways to innovate what we do to drive a better way
- Build relationships based on trust and regular dialogue
- Review projects to ensure that they are of a high standard and meet the expectations briefed
- Drive the standard up – ensuring that the briefs are clear and provide an opportunity for high quality responses
- Align solutions with client needs and business objectives
- Deliver on agency revenue targets for your clients across all budget periods (quarter and full WHITE financial year
- Achieve excellent scores in all client service areas from your clients during ongoing 360 client feedback process
- Look for opportunities within the program of work to add additional value and grow the clients account for WhiteGrey
- Comfortable with commercial conversations i.e. presenting a rationale for costs or tracking budgets
- Accuracy of weekly revenue forecasting
- Workbook updated on a daily & weekly basis
- Forward planning so that we can better allocate resources and lessen the impact of high volume work
- Plan and oversee projects and programs of work to meet quality, budget and time requirements
- Have a clear understanding of our full suite of products and services
- Actively communicate with client and agency stakeholders
- Embody a culture of continuous improvement
- Provide constructive feedback on an ongoing basis
- Drive internal communication – ensuring that the team are regularly updated and kept inspired working on the clients brands
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years professional experience in agency/in-house environment
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience with digital strategy, campaign development and execution
- Attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- Proven success in building and sustaining long term relationships
- Experience in managing budgets and planning cycles
- Experience in managing outside partners to achieve mutual goals.
- A strategic thinker who is structured and well planned
- Excellent verbal and written communication with proven examples through documentation, publications and industry articles
- Communicates honestly, openly and focused on exceeding client expectations
- Stay on top of industry trends and promote innovative & creative solutions
- Passionate about digital and its possibilities
- Ability to build trust and solid relationships across various levels
- Ability to communicate honestly
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, product applications, solutions and tools
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment and multi task
- Financially astute and comfortable in commercial conversations
- Business minded with a focus on ‘results’ and business value
- A high level of personal presentation.
- Ambitious and driven to succeed
- Accountable and drives accountability in others