VMLY&R is a global marketing agency with more than 7,000 employees worldwide with principal offices in Kansas City, London, New York, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore and Sydney. VMLY&R works with client partners including Colgate-Palmolive, Netflix, Dell, Ford, Australian Defense Force, PepsiCo, Pfizer and McDonald’s.
If you believe in putting everything you are into everything you do, VMLY&R just might be the perfect place for you. You can join more than 400 VMLY&Rers across Australia and New Zealand. Each VMLY&R office has its own unique personality. And what you’ll find inside is a space dedicated for small chats, big thinking and collaborative work sessions. We encourage everyone to get together over new ideas and questions no one’s ever asked. That’s how we keep our creative edge and consistently deliver innovative work.
But at VMLY&R, it’s not all about the work. We want everyone to have the best life both in and out of the office. With beer taps, ping pong tables, cook offs, Friday pub lunches, and balcony sundowner sessions, a day in the office feels more like a very productive day spent with mates.
For more information, visit www.vmlyr.com.
About The Role
Role Purpose and Overview:
AMs lead projects from beginning to end while fostering relationships directly with clients and the agency team. The AM role wants project ownership experience and client engagement development opportunities.
Account Managers handle the day-to-day operations of agency projects, including research, scope development, creative briefing and job execution. They are responsible for base-level client contact, management of status meetings, organising information shared by and with the client, and ensuring agency procedures are followed.
Account Managers serve as agency implementers for achieving the client’s strategic brand and business objectives by working with clients to provide them with guidance and working with the internal team to achieve execution of strategies. They serve a vital role in promoting the integration of cross-functional teams and ensuring seamless delivery of all work to the client. This candidate must be prepared for a fast-paced environment and be comfortable making decisions.
- Day-to-day main client contact on campaigns managed.
- Ensures operational excellence on campaigns managed.
- Gains and maintains knowledge of client’s business, industry and competition.
- Informs SAM and Business Lead on status of projects.
- Responsible for ensuing conference reports and/or meeting notes are complete and distributed to clients and/or agency partners as appropriate.
- Initiates/drafts scope documents and works with team to ready for client review and approval.
- Responsible for day-to-day implementation of project deliverables; ensures deliverables are client ready.
- Builds on financial management skills, including preparation of billing and monthly projections for review with line manager.
- Participation in key client meetings: status meetings, presentation of VML work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- 2 to 4 years of agency and/or client-side experience in digital marketing, media or advertising (digital experience preferred).
- Passion for the digital industry, emerging trends and innovation.
- Ability to understand the business issues clients face in a variety of industries.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and making decisions.
- Detail oriented - A closer.
- Strong ability to form and maintain good relationships.
- Superior communication skills, both internal and client-facing.
- Ability to think and operate with strategic orientation in addition to task/project management.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal teams and business groups, including Creative, Media and Technical Delivery Specialists.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Manages up and knows when to escalate internal and/or client concerns.
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth and incremental opportunities with client partners.
Measurements of Success:
- Clients LOVE, not just like or respect you – they’ll wonder what they did without you.
- Effective team collaboration to deliver campaigns on time and on budget and in line with client expectations or to exceed them.
- Juggle multiple campaigns with maturity and professionalism.
- Team player keen to play a pro-active role in keeping team morale high and bringing energy and enthusiasm into the office each and every day.
- Billable time should be at least 95%.
Note: This role will be Melbourne based.