Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, view and behave than anyone else. Our strength lies in the unrivalled diversity of our people, methodologies, specialisms and points of view. We go beyond the obvious with intelligence, passion and creativity, to discover opportunities, make recommendations, set strategies and plan actions that inspire meaningful, sustained change and achieve extraordinary success.
Our expertise and validated solution portfolio contains our best thinking. We invest in constantly looking for new ways to deepen our expertise, from unlocking new insights from neuroscience and advanced analytics, to delivering faster, more cost-effective insights to operational excellence.
As a team we are collaborative, progressive, curious, inclusive and social. We love to learn, motivate each other and ultimately work together to inspire our people and clients to flourish. We believe how we work is just as important as what we do and therefore adapt our global behaviors which include, purposeful collaboration, growth mindset and helping others to flourish, to help us reach our goals.
The primary responsibility of the Associate Director is to lead accounts on a day to day basis, with minimal Director support, and effectively contribute to the efficiency of the business. The role will be balanced between client service and operations. The successful candidate will have the skills and ability to intertwine both operations and client service into one role. They are also responsible for creating meaningful impact on our client’s businesses and are the interface between Kantar and our clients. The role includes client engagement, consultancy, study design and analysis, driving preparation and delivery of proposals, presentations and reports, as well as broader business responsibilities including operational systems and processes, people management and the implementation of broader business initiatives to improve business performance.
Role and responsibilities
Growing Client Relationships
- Is accountable for taking the lead on some accounts in the team to develop and build strong stakeholder relationships with clients
- Builds relationships by impressing clients to the extent that they become advocates
- Inspires/motivates team across an array of internal companies to deliver best work and continuously improve the client relationship
- Has relationships with clients that foster briefs and new business opportunities
- Stands firm when required
Understanding Clients’ Business
- Manages business focused conversations with client to understand their context and identify their real business issues behind their research questions.
- Has a strategic view of the clients' business within a broader environment
- Designs the best research solution to answer the business question and lands this with the team and client.
- Consults and coaches’ colleagues on clients' real business issues and growth challenges, supporting brainstorms as appropriate; can help shape clients' thinking about their business issues and possible solutions.
- Demonstrable evidence that they are considered a 'trusted advisor' within the client's business.
- Leads relationship with peers at clients' extended agency partners as appropriate (e.g. media and creative agencies)
Client Account Planning and Feedback
- Leads regular account planning sessions (including 90-day action plans).
- Actively manages client feedback (including early risk identification and escalation to senior management) and resolves complaints for the accounts they are leading.
- Identifies client development opportunities / opportunities for purposeful collaboration.
- Consistently seeks to extend and enhance our depth and breadth of exposure with each client through purposeful collaboration
- Accountable for monitoring team against project schedule
- Inputs to managing project capacity and effective resourcing
- Attend and lead internal / external WIP meetings
- Identifies risks early and puts contingency plans in place to avoid risk exposure, escalates to senior management where appropriate
- Accountable for anticipating and adapting project schedules in order to meet client needs and capacity constraints.
- Support and help develop questionnaires
- Advises and signs off research materials for basic and medium-complexity projects - ensuring questions are aligned with client objectives
- Can accurately estimate length of a questionnaire prior to it being written (based on client requirements)
- Uses appropriate strategies to reduce questionnaire length (including impact on analysis, how to deal with client, etc.) if necessary.
- Consistently anticipates problems and finds solutions within a project and escalate to senior management and project leads
- Ensures that project leads, and clients are kept informed of progress against schedule for projects.
- Conducts research in compliance with the ISO 20252 standard, as represented in the Company’s Quality Manual and supporting procedures
Best Practice Operational Execution of Research Projects
- Champions best practice ways of working with internal Ops team and operational partners
- Capable of set up and managing sample databases from design, implementation and execution stages
- Comfortable with dealing with multiple tools and systems from online dashboarding, fieldwork management systems and scripting portals.
- Looks to implement new tools/software/processes across accounts
- Can effectively plan and support analysis and reporting around clients' real business issues.
- Instigates and leads the data analysis to answer the client’s business questions. Seeks new ways to analyse the data to answer client questions, with the support of the wider team.
- Creates a clear, accurate storyline and writing insightful, concise and compelling reports on selected accounts responsible for sign off and quality of reports without director review.
- Can create a document with clear logic and flow that is client ready.
- Looks for new and innovative ways to convey story - infographics, illustration, video, metaphor, etc.
- Accountable for sign-off and quality of agreed reports and agreed ensures reports answer the client questions.
Inspiring Presentations and Workshops
- Able to adapt reports and presentations to meet the specific needs of the audience (taking into account role, style preference, company and culture).
- Is an effective and engaging presenter.
- Can create, plan and execute workshops (immersion, ideation or activation).