This role is perfect for someone looking to own a large portion of planning and buying (including some digital) for a client that offers a range of services, including great restaurants, bars, events and hotels. There is lots of opportunity for facetime with the clients and media owners, so great for someone that likes to get out from behind their desk and deliver value for their clients.
Three best things about this job
- Working across all media and owning team processes
- An exciting and dynamic client who encourage change
- Internally integrated digital team where you’ll have the opportunity to create holistic media recommendations and offer well rounded media education
What’s your role –
In 3 months:
- Understand the working rhythm of the client and internal team
- Understand how the clients work flows between Ikon’s teams - A&T, Performance, Content and Strategy
- Present recommendations and campaign results & learnings to clients
- Manage and guide the team coordinator to deliver high standards
In 6 months:
- Own relationship with key clients and ensure all activity is working towards client business objectives
- Strive for more innovation in media plans
- Own all Tier 2 campaigns (planning + trading), as well as contributing to the planning of Tier 1
- Have an in-depth understanding of all key channels used and best way to implement them
- Own and grow key media owner relationships including GSMs
- Establish relationships with national and regional marketing managers
In 12 months:
- Start owning larger briefs from a planning perspective
- Lead internal WIPs and manage all brief timelines for the team
- Understand your client, their business objectives, the operating climate and the commercial challenges that face them
- Opportunity to grow and develop within your role as an Executive whilst gaining support and guidance towards your next career step!
What will help you succeed
- Process driven, proactive and detail orientated nature
- Proficient in basic media planning and reporting tools (MOVE, Asteroid, BCC etc)
- Communication skills – ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships with internal teams, the client and media. Communicates in a professional and respectful manner
- Financial management skills – understanding the requirement to manage the financial process end to end
- Passion for media and motivation to continually learn and develop
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Access to WPPs training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of ikonoclastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/