Landor is a global leader in brand consulting and design, helping clients create agile brands that thrive in today’s dynamic, disruptive marketplace.
Landor’s branding services include strategy and positioning, identity and design, brand architecture, innovation, naming and verbal branding, research and analytics, environments and experience, engagement and activation, and digital and social media.
The Client Associate (CA) provides a variety of professional support services to Client Service teams in the areas of project management, client liaison, internal team coordination and documentation, and new business development. A CA assists with ensuring that a project’s deliverables are on time, on budget and on brief. A CA is also focused on growing his/her understanding of branding and Landor capabilities, including design, environments, research, strategy, naming/verbal identity, and brand engagement, while also growing organizationally and financially savvy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Is learning, embracing and displaying a passion and curiosity for design and branding.
- Is learning about and growing in comfort with all of Landor’s capabilities, including Research, Strategy, Innovation, Design, Naming/Verbal Identity, Environments, and Engagement. Is beginning to connect the dots between Landor’s capabilities and a client’s brand-led business challenges.
- Supports the delivery of all agreed-upon project specifications, on time, on budget, and on scope.
- Ensures all correspondence, materials, presentations, and proposals seen by prospective and existing clients are error-free, of highest quality and always relevant to the client’s issues.
- Provides back-up and archiving of key client deliverables, credentials and case histories.
- Interacts in a positive, professional and motivating manner.
People and Team
- Is developing an understanding of team interaction and team member roles.
- Listens to constructive feedback and responds positively.
- Collaborates with and fosters communication between internal teams.
- Participates in workshops and other sessions to grow expertise in Landor’s capabilities and offerings: Experience Maps, Opportunity Mapping, and other tools to identify business opportunities and solve clients’ business challenges. Takes notes and develops minutes to document activity and actions.
- Seeks out knowledge and active feedback.
- Supports his/her manager and team.
- Maintains a regular flow of information between the client and the internal team.
- Helps to develop and then manages project details to ensure that milestones are met.
- Is learning, embracing and displaying a passion and curiosity for their client’s business needs, challenges, and goals.
- Participates in design critiques and is starting to connect the dots between strategy/insights and design. Can articulate that connection.
- Schedules client and internal meetings. Coordinates preparation for client meetings, takes notes, and creates meeting notes and follow-up action plans, and then provides project updates in a timely manner.
- Interfaces externally with clients, under direction.
- May interacts directly with junior/mid level clients.
- Participates in project-based client meetings.
- May manage the delivery of projects - with direction from manager.
- Pro-actively exercises strong focus and attention to detail.
- Exhibits perseverance in following through on all aspects of communication and coordination.
- Prepares and distributes status reports, contact reports, proposals and invoices.
- Supports deliverable preparation and, with the wider team, manages projects to assure timely completion.
Strategic and Innovative Thinking
- Absorbs knowledge and learning from attending planning sessions and internal work sessions.
- Listens effectively and pro-actively participates in branding discussions.
- Is developing an understanding of the role of brand strategy.
- Is developing an understanding of Landor strategic tools.
- Is developing an understanding of Landor’s design and production process.
- Problem solves internal operating issues that impact the client.
New Business Development
- Provides support on New Business opportunities as required.
- Is learning to identify add-on, business development opportunities with existing clients.
- May assist client lead in preparation of pitches and business development presentations.
- Is committed to learning and demonstrating best-in-class project and financial management for all projects, engagements and growth opportunities.
- Partners with cross-function team members to ensure schedules and budgets are met. Creates and maintains project budget documents.
- Partners with Finance for budget management on all projects, including opening project numbers, scoping accurately, managing project fees, managing time card completion, and answering invoicing questions.
- Manages and maintains Purchase Orders as assigned.
- Updates Client Central as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors Degree.
- 0-3 years of experience in a role that required a demonstrated commitment and responsibility; experience in a communications field or agency a plus.
Capabilities/Competencies for Success
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptionally organized, with systems for tracking and managing time
- Ability to build strong relationships, internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Driven and ambitious
- Problem solver
- Can do attitude
- Ability to work in a high-pressure fast-moving environment
- Ability to manage changing priorities
- Good financial skills and ability to manage budgets
Please note this role will be based in Sydney.