Overview of job
You will be responsible for managing procurement activities across designated categories. Those categories include but are not limited to Travel & Expense, Facilities Management, IT and others as required.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Senior Category Manager.
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunities to work with senior people and a wide variety of people across the Group.
- Certain amount of freedom in pursuing and choosing valuable projects
- Get to go to industry events
Measures of success:
In 3 months:
- Discover and understand how the WPP AUNZ Group is structured and what we do. Learn about how we operate.
- Meet your key stakeholders to understand their business objectives and where Procurement can help.
- Meet your key suppliers and understand current contractual arrangements and supplier strategy
- Understand the procurement strategy and your role in supporting its delivery
- Identify and prioritise improvement opportunities
- Establish agreed performance metrics with your manager for the next 12 months
In 6 months:
- Good progress towards delivering on some of the improvement opportunities you identified
- Understanding of the global procurement structure and developing relationships with your colleagues in the Asia Pacific region and globally.
In 12 months:
- Complete delivery of the improvement opportunities you identified and see tangible results
- Stakeholders actively seek you out to assist with their procurement projects
Responsibilities of the role:
- Opportunities identification
- Analyse and Identify spend patterns across categories and provide sourcing options to stakeholders to reduce Total Cost of Ownership
- Contribute to the management of all procurement intelligence, from relevant sources including corporate expenditure, supplier information and analysis, and associated industry data.
- Category management
- Manage Supplier Selection and Contracting: lead and execute tenders and negotiations
- Supplier Relationship Management: maintain and develop relationships with local suppliers and contribute to global relations incl. performance evaluation and feedback.
- Deliver agreed category performance targets
- Initiate, lead or Support and implement improvement initiatives
- Process and Policy
- Drive compliance in relation to ways of working, policies and supplier contracts
- Maintain & Support implementation of Travel and Expense Policy
What you will need:
- Advanced Analytical skills including Excel
- Ability to multi task and manage complexity
- Experience in category management
- Problem solving and Results oriented
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills.
- Ability to build credible working relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
- Great time management, organizational and project management skills
- Undergraduate degree in a business related discipline
About WPP AUNZ
WPP AUNZ (ASX: WPP) is Australasia’s leading marketing communications group, comprising 5,500 people working in 80 agencies in 170 offices across Australia and New Zealand. Through its operating companies, the Group provides a comprehensive range of advertising and marketing services including advertising & media investment management; data investment management; public relations & public affairs; branding & identity; healthcare communications; direct, digital, promotion & relationship marketing and specialist communications.
For more information visit www.wppaunz.com or follow us @WPP_AUNZ