WPP AUNZ are looking for an exceptional Group Talent Advisor/Associate to fulfil a full-time position based in North Sydney.
This position is a key member of our national Talent Acquisition team, reporting to the Group Talent Lead - Media. You will have a set remit which focuses on the Media Group of businesses within WPP AUNZ - GroupM and Ikon Communications.
There are a number of varied objectives but essentially the GTA fulfils the role of a Junior Internal Recruiter who will be responsible for guiding candidates through our hiring process and introducing them to life within the WPP AUNZ Group of Media companies.
You will be focused on delivering best in class talent in a timely manner, while building a solid pipeline and network for our stakeholders to engage with when they need to scale quickly.
The role is a busy and challenging one, with a large number of open vacancies in Sydney and occasionally further afield.
As a Talent Advisor to WPP AUNZ you will establish yourself as an extension of the team you hire for. Leveraging effective stakeholder management skills, you will work with your team to provide a best in class recruitment service, using a range of sourcing techniques, candidate management best practice, and sometimes working with Talent colleagues on wider process improvements.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Group Talent Lead - Media
3 best things about the job:
- The company– a great opportunity to build on your HR or Recruitment skills in the leading marketing communications services group in Australia and New Zealand
- The pace– no two days will feel the same. You will have a highly social, fast paced job, providing first class service to the incredible talent inside our agencies
- The potential– the scope for this role is never ending, you will learn from the large HR community across the GroupM Group as well as the wider WPP AUNZ group of HR and Talent people
Measures of success:
In 3 months, you:
- Are working closely with the Group Talent Lead and your team (2 Group Talent Partners) to service open roles with a strong pipeline of candidates.
- Developing open, frank and positive relationships with colleagues throughout WPP AUNZ and the Media cluster.
- Built relationships with the WPP AUNZ Talent Team and regional/global counterparts to leverage best practice opportunity and promote candidate sharing.
In 6 months, you:
- Are ensuring hiring managers understand their responsibilities when it comes to recruitment and work closely with them to ensure all areas of compliance are covered.
- Have developed a thorough understanding the WPP AUNZ structure including your cluster, the relevant businesses, and their capabilities.
In 12 months, you:
- Have been a part of a large number of briefs and built assisted with building a strategic pipeline of candidates to support the agencies into the future.
- Developed your career and be on a pathway of growth and learning within WPP AUNZ.
- Increased the number of candidates joining us from backgrounds outside of direct competitors – driving a diversity agenda on as many shortlist deliveries as possible.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Play an active role in the recruitment of the highest-calibre candidates to work in operating companies, including through candidate cultivation and relationship building with key partners & stakeholders.
- Service live (open) roles by providing shortlists of relevant candidates in a timely manner, driving and managing the end to end hiring process with all stakeholders.
- Work with the Group Talent Lead to ensure that approval process is followed “to the letter” and that you are aware of these processes within your remit (for example that no work is commenced on a live brief until a ‘Request to Recruit’ or other such automated or emailed approval is obtained).
- Maintain team reporting WIPs of current, potential, new and replacement hires etc.
- Play an active role in internship programs, careers fairs, new talent initiatives where required.
- Ad hoc talent acquisition tasks as agreed by team consensus or as directed by your direct manager or the Head of Talent Acquisition across all operating areas of WPP AUNZ including project work as the business requires.
- Work collaboratively with the Group HR team to ensure all regional and Global WPP policies and procedures are understood and complied with. Identify and report any breaches you are aware of.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of employment regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources.
- Guide potential employees and line managers through the visa and migration process with the assistance of our preferred migration agency or agencies.
What you will need:
- At least one to three years recruitment, HR or related experience.
- Ideally you will possess an understanding of Media, Marketing, Communications or peripheral industry environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to ensure strict processes are followed, thus ensuring a consistent experience for candidates and hiring managers.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple job requisitions and stakeholders - through reporting, rapport building and communication.
- Strong desire to grow and develop in the talent acquisition or HR field and not just as a 'transactional recruiter'.
About WPP AUNZ
WPP AUNZ (ASX: WPP) is Australasia’s leading marketing communications group, comprising 5,500 people working in 80 agencies in 170 offices across Australia and New Zealand. Through its operating companies, the Group provides a comprehensive range of advertising and marketing services including advertising & media investment management; data investment management; public relations & public affairs; branding & identity; healthcare communications; direct, digital, promotion & relationship marketing and specialist communications.
For more information visit www.wppaunz.com or follow us @WPP_AUNZ
Working holiday visa or people open to a 6 month max term contract are welcome to apply!