Opportunity to join one of the most unique integrated client teams within WPPAUNZ. This role is located in Ikon’s Sydney office, whilst being part of an established team working collaboratively between Sydney and Perth. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty – from negotiating the best deals with our media partners to leading fully integrated presentations to senior clients, we are looking for someone with a passion to deliver real business results and drive true creative and media integration!
Three best things about this job
- Exposure to a big network, with support of a tight knit team
- Deliver best in class and new to market offline media opportunities
- Learning and development opportunities – ability to learn creative craft and drive integration
What’s your role –
In 3 months:
- Own and grow key media owner relationships whilst understanding the trading dynamic intricacies between Perth and Sydney
- Understand the WPP Union planning processes and develop knowledge of creative disciplines
- Own designated client briefs from start to finish
In 6 months:
- Establish strong relationships with Brand and Marketing team
- Lead Sydney offline trade and identify unique and first to market opportunities for clients
- Regularly develop and present insightful results to clients, including analysis of client own data and research
In 12 months:
- Understand your client, their business objectives, the operating climate and the commercial challenges that face them
- Opportunity to grow and develop within your role whilst gaining support and guidance towards your next career step!
What will help you succeed
- Experience in all media planning & buying, particularly focussed around Offline (Minimum 5+ years)
- Strong Communication skills a mandatory – ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships with clients (bi-coastal), core team (bi-coastal), and agency partners within the network (national)
- Good track record and solid relationships with media partners (Offline) within Sydney market
- True interest for delivering integrated work and curiosity to learn more about the Creative discipline
- Passion for media and motivation to continually learn and develop
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Access to WPPs training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/