Overview of job
As the Communications Planner, you will be planning the client’s paid media investment across the education and kids toys sector. You will assist in the planning of the media experience and bringing the clients campaign to life. A Comms Planner will be involved in the whole process, from strategy input through to post analysis.
At Ikon the Comms Planner is the hub of the client’s campaign, living and breathing all channels and building strong relationships with a wide range of partners, so this role will be forward facing with both client and media.
At Ikon, we are a team of passionate people, who chase innovation, and we hold our media relationships dear to our hearts. We embody partnerships in the true sense of the word, and look to challenge ourselves in everything we do.
So, we are seeking an individual who is passionate about media and keen to break conventions and challenge the status quo.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Communications Manager.
Three best things about the job:
- Working in a dynamic agency, gaining exposure across all disciplines
- Exposure to learning and development opportunities. Working at Ikon and being part of WPP giving you first class training opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in new business
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Develop strong media recommendations aligned to your clients’ briefs
- Work effectively with the Communications Managers, learning specialised skills in the kids space
- Build relationship with key junior client team members
In six months:
- Develop strong internal and external relationships
- Deliver value for your clients
- Maintain relationship established with clients
- Provide proactive opportunities and planning outside the box ideas to client
In twelve months:
- Delivery of innovative communications solutions
- Amplify creative and integration across kids campaigns and universities
Responsibilities of the role:
Client and stakeholder relationships:
- Manage relationships with media partners and client contacts
- Manage internal relationships with other teams within Ikon
Media Planning & Trading:
- Demonstrates knowledge of the media market
- Manages communication from planning team to trade team, clients and media
- Manages output to ensure all planning and strategic ideas are delivered through the trading process
- Provides accurate and timely reporting and sells results internally and to clients
Team and People Development:
- Actively manages workflow and assists to get tasks completed within set deadlines.
- Ensure team members properly adhere to Works to ensure quality control processes within set deadlines, escalating to Client team leads where appropriate
- Participates and embraces all role related training forums (within team, internal & external courses). Focus on developing skills required to perform role now including a broader interest
- Develops integrated relationships with IKON specialist offerings and provide reciprocal sharing of knowledge
What you will need:
- Someone who is hungry to be part of the media industry with a minimum of 2 years industry experience
- Excellent management skills
- Manage up as well as down
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Has strong attention to detail
- Is proficient in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Degree in marketing, advertising or communications
About Ikon Communications
Ikon is a full service communications agency with over $400m in billings across offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
We have the breadth and depth of experience to create bespoke solutions for each and every client. For some, that might be a full suite of services from strategy, data, creative and media. For others, it could simply be amplifying a marketing spend across search and social.
You can learn more about what it means to be an Ikonoclast by visiting our website below: