As a Media Coordinator, you will be assisting the trading team in managing the day-to-day buying and execution of media campaigns across a broad range of clients. You will be responsible for material, tracking, invoicing and general administration as part of your role in the trading team, all the while learning the to’s and fro’s of negotiation and trade in a dynamic environment.
Three best things about this job
- Learning and development across a range of skills, and understanding what makes the media industry tick
- Being part of the Ikon Melbourne family, an office that supports its staff and has a great friendly culture
- Work across a range of clients and learn about their industries
In three months:
- Developed an understanding of the Ikon business, our key differentiators and position in market
- Developed an understanding of your client group and the dynamic trading process
- Developed relationships with your team and peers in the Ikon family, as well the in market with the media
In six months:
- Become the master of reporting, drawing out valuable insights for the team and client
- Become comfortable supporting your Trader & Manager with day to day campaign management
In twelve months:
- Adding value to the trading output of campaigns by mastering our dynamic trading method
- Have developed an in depth understanding of your client’s businesses and the trading landscape to drive business outcomes
- Have begun to take ownership of the dynamic trading processes across multiple channels, assisting your Trader in driving compelling results which are reported back into your client teams with the assistance of your Manager.
- Your learnings in the role of Media Coordinator can really set up a career path in media. You’ll learn the in's and out's of all formats and learning skills that can drive your career in a direction you choose.
What you will need:
- Someone who is hungry to learn the about the media industry
- An eagerness to add value to the team and wider agency
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Has strong attention to detail
- Is proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Work experience in a media agency is preferred but not essential
- Degree in Communications, Media or similar is preferred
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Dedicated learning and development specialist and access to WPP's training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/