One of Australia’s true full-service agencies is looking for a smart, ambitious, mid to senior level Copywriter to help create ideas that take both themselves and the agency to another level. You’ve done the time, now it’s your time to shine.
As a Copywriter, you’ll have the experience to be able to get on with things, whilst hungry enough to know your best work is still ahead of you. You’ll have a lot of opportunities to work on all the big stuff (no hierarchy here) and, as such, you’ll be expected to deliver. You can come with great ideas. You can craft them to within an inch of your life. You can present and sell them to the agency and to clients. Triple threat. Or something like that. The agency is on a roll and your joining should only accelerate that trajectory. The creative work is good. But you’ll be responsible for helping us make it better. For the right person, this role could be a great next step.
Three best things about this job
- Ability to work across all clients and all briefs (even the big, juicy ones)
- Coming up with amazing ideas and making them happen
- Working with a great team and the opportunity to advance your career fast
What’s your role –
In 3 months:
- Show us some great creative thinking
- Make us wish we hired you sooner
In 6 months:
- Get at least one campaign out that you’re (and we’re) really proud of
- Help us win some new business
In 12 months:
- Contribute to the creation of award-winning work and making the agency better
- Make us wonder what we’d do without you
- Opportunity to become totally ingrained and an integral member of Ikon’s creative team!
What will help you succeed
You’re a writer who can conceive great ideas and pen them brilliantly.
- Command of all the relevant tools – Office, et al
- If you have other skills like HTML5, then that’s just showing off.
- Hobbies or side hustles outside of advertising? Happy days.
- Ability to think, create and persuade; on computer, on paper, IRL
- Did we mention a large brain?
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Access to WPPs training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.