This is an exciting time, we recently merged a leading marketing lead technology consultancy with a world class creative communications agency to create a new and fully integrated offering, and as a result we are now seeking a Technical Director. This leadership role will focus on championing technology within the business and with our clients, building out critical capabilities and a team to ensure continuous delivery of world-class technical solutions, with a particular focus on marketing automation and CMS projects..
We have a strong legacy with implementation and delivery across website development, CMS implementation (Drupal, AEM, Open Source), Marketing Cloud/Automation (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Marketing Cloud). Looking forward, we have ambitions to win big in the following areas; Finance/Insurance, Retail, FMCG, Travel, Government, Fuels and Loyalty.
We are seeking someone who can lead medium and large scale projects, guide the team, solve problems and find solutions when required, someone who understands the nuances and implications of technology decisions and can guide our clients toward smart outcomes. A broad understanding of the technology landscape and product trends to support technology choices will be needed, and you must have experience building and leading development teams and providing clear and precise plans to both senior decision makers and technical implementation teams.
Supporting you will be an inhouse front end development team, multiple offshoring production hubs, world class customer experience, design and optimisation capabilities that can give creativity to your teams output.
This is not a technical sales role, but we are seeking someone who can get involved in pre-sales, pitching and crafting compelling proposals. We will be seeking leadership and guidance on how we go to market, building team capabilities and new hires that need to be made.
What you will do
- Provide architecture leadership for CMS, Marketing Cloud and reporting technologies.
- Lead team members in the design, analysis, coding, testing, and implementation of solutions. The team will include an inhouse team, plus network partners and offshore teams.
- Groom product backlogs to prepare for development, validate clear user stories are ready for development and ensure the development teams are delivering in accordance with standards and agreed on schedules.
- Help evolve and enforce policies to ensure the security of data.
- Recruit, coach, and mentor members of the team.
- Support creation of technical and end-user documentation.
What you’ve accomplished
- Experience with delivering multi-channel customer experience projects including website development, CMS and Marketing Automation.
- Experience with Salesforce, Adobe and possibly Drupal and other enterprise platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, information technology, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ideally at least one current Certification.
- 5+ years of experience in a senior technical position already
What you’ll bring to the job
- Translating business needs into user stories, requirements, and diagrams as appropriate.
- Maintaining a user-centric disposition so that the technology works for the user and not vice-versa.
- Explaining the aforementioned items to staff with varying levels of technical proficiency.
- Initiative, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Working well with a team from different disciplines.
- You hold strong opinions on your subject matter (and beyond!), and are capable of communicating those in a persuasive manner to a variety of audiences, both internal and external.
- You are capable of navigating difficult conversations and finding mutually beneficial outcomes.
- You are a nice person, someone who is highly supportive of the team and their ambitions, both individually and collectively, and are someone the team and clients actively seeks out for counsel.
- Experience with Adobe, Salesforce, Drupal
- API, REST, URI and Web Services.
- Experience in both CRM and CMS platform development
- Building data-driven, integration-focused web applications
- Agile, Waterfall, Kanban, and Backlogs.
- PHP, .NET, Azure Cloud Services, AWS, MSSQL
- Modern front end development & design methodologies ( CSS, HTML5, Responsive, SASS, ES6)
- UI frameworks (React, Angular, Vue)
- Database technologies (PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Ci/CD Pipelines
- Atlassian Suite
- Office 365, G Suite
- Containerisation & stateless application design
- BI Tools (Power BI)
- Analytics (GA, Target)
- DevOps practices