As a Communications Trader, you will be an integral part of Ikon’s trading team, managing the day to day buying and execution of media campaigns across a broad range of clients including a renowned retail brand. You will be responsible for ensuring the successful execution of media buys, from upfront negotiation through to final post analysis, whilst growing your skills in the tos and fros of negotiation and trade in a dynamic environment
Three best things about this job
- Be part of an agency that embraces true media trading through our unique trading approach to media and client centric results.
- Work within an agile team managing bookings across a wide variety of industries and media
- Being part of the Ikon Melbourne family, an office that supports its staff and has a great friendly culture
What’s your role –
In 3 months:
- Be fully integrated into the trade team, having embraced our agile way or working and the principles of Dynamic Trading
- Demonstrated campaign control and ability to react to challenging situations with problem solving acumen.
In 6 months:
- Deliver strong trading outcomes across all television buys, negotiation across all mediums delivering outcomes against benchmarks set by Trading Director/Trading Manager
- Provide support and on the job training to the Communications Coordinator
- Leading Daily Scrums
In 12 months:
- Form trading approaches to various mediums.
- Negotiate across all offline media.
- Presenting trade documents to clients, from upfront approach to post analysis.
- Opportunity to learn all aspects of retail and the Myer team
- Learn investment and trading beyond TV
- Exposure to planning and buying
What will help you succeed
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to use industry standard tools
- Experience at television buying
- Team ethic
- Be good with numbers and ability in problem solving
- A genuine interest in media performance, what TV programs are working, what aren’t
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Dedicated learning and development specialist and access to WPPs training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/