The Strategy Director needs to be a fire-starter. Equal parts art, science and action. An individual that can inspire our clients, our agency and ultimately make great integrated work happen.
As a Strategy Director you lead IKON’s thinking output. You set the agenda for clients, for their communications and for the rest of the IKON team. As such, you need to have an intimate knowledge of your client’s business and brands and how they need to behave in order to grow. We need you to bring this curiosity to our client’s work and to the impact you have throughout the IKON world. The Strategy Director is the epitome of the IKONOCLAST – always ready to challenge and find a better way. Your recommendations need to display a solid, data driven understanding of the client challenge, but it must also be an inspiring leaping off point for the rest of the team to build creative solutions – across all crafts – one strategy to rule them all!
Three best things about this job
- Be a thought leader for the strategic direction of a forward-thinking agency, gaining access to a variety of teams that are experts in their field. This will allow you to form holistic knowledge and lead to well-rounded strategic responses.
- To work across market leading clients.
- As part of a full service agency, your strategy is not shackled to the constraints of media, informing creative, social and more.
What’s your role –
In 3 months:
- Be a strategic influencer across clients and agency, ensuring IKON is delivering the most innovative and influential thinking to positively change consumer behaviour and deliver tangible results
- Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders - clients, others agencies and the people within Ikon
- A proactive force inside the agency to find and promote influential ideas and solutions to grow our client’s business
- Create well thought out and constructed strategic recommendations to clients with a high level of first-time approval
- Contribution to the wider agency in terms of collaborative working relationships, inspiration and thought leadership
In 6 months:
- Established yourself as the strategic lead for your brands, having demonstrated your knowledge on relevant projects
- Demonstrated a culture of insights, ideas and innovation within the agency and help develop Junior staff members knowledge in this area
- Drives and encourages development for staff through the IKIT process and through the delivery of internal training sessions to upskill junior staff
- Build partnerships with Ikon team members, external agency partners, media owner strategy departments and WPP Group sister specialist partners
In 12 months:
- Continued demonstration of insights, ideas and innovation within the agency
- Created an award worthy piece of strategic work
- Regular contribution to agency thought leadership presentations
- Develop a deep understanding of the client’s brand positioning, marketing objectives, overall business objectives, and a full understanding of the brand’s advertising and communications history
What will help you succeed
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in communications strategy or planning
- Minimum of three years Management experience
- Working knowledge of the media and creative strategy process, with a grasp of the media planning and buying process
- Worked across integrated campaigns
- Ability to engage with all levels and discipline areas of the business
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Dedicated learning and development specialist and access to WPPs training academy to unlock your full potential!