The Media Coordinator is a critical role supporting the team in planning and buying media for multiple brands in the FMCG/Grocery category. In this role you will have the opportunity to learn planning tools and methods as well as the media landscape across both offline and digital channels.
Three best things about this job
- Working in a full-service agency with exposure to all areas of the business
- Becoming part of the Ikon Sydney family, with an opportunity to challenge the status quo and build your career working on some of the most exciting brands in market
- Providing first class client service and building strong media relationships
What’s your role
You will assist in the planning of the media experience, and the execution of the trades. We dynamically trade all campaigns, which means we know the market best. All our Media Coordinators are empowered to be involved widely across the client team, so you get exposure to all stages of the process!
In three months:
- Develop an understanding of the Ikon business, our key differentiators and position in Market
- Develop an understanding of your client group
- Develop relationships with your team and peers in the Ikon family
In six months:
- Become the master of reporting, drawing out valuable insights for the team and client
- Become comfortable supporting your media executive & manager with day to day campaign management
In twelve months:
- Adding value to the strategic direction of campaigns being briefed by clients
- Have developed an in depth understanding of your client’s businesses and the campaigns we are running to drive business outcomes
- Become the owner of your local market portfolio, running the day to day operations of and supporting the team in client communication
What you will need:
- Someone who is hungry and curious to learn the about the media industry
- An eagerness to add value to the team and wider agency
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Work experience in a media agency is preferred but not essential
- Degree in Communications, Media or similar is preferred
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Dedicated learning and development specialist and access to WPP’s training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of Ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/