Opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic individual to join a dynamic and smart media team on a Global blue-chip client. Executing client campaigns and taking your trading and buying skills to the next level, working across all media channels, offline and digital. This is a chance to build both client facing and publisher skills and grow your skill set with the help and support of a passionate Trade team.
Three best things about this job
- Clear structure and established processes to allow you the freedom to hone your craft
- Break the mould and adopt Ikon's famous dynamic trading, giving you the freedom to challenge the status quo and back yourself
- A long-established, world renowned pharmaceutical client providing exposure to a long lineage of best in class planning and buying
What’s your role –
In 3 months:
- Understand the overarching trading techniques and processes required, including daily buying, reporting timeliness etc
- Build a rapport and strong working relationship with your Coordinator and take an active role in their development and career progression
In 6 months:
- Assist the Media Manager in quarterly/bi-annual negotiations
- Present to the client, be the one that responds to the brief, post campaign analysis or even market updates
In 12 months:
- A strong understanding of the clients needs on both a business and media level
- Take ownership of regular trading conversations with both the publishers and the client
- Manage the full audit process from data collection through to client presentation
- Opportunity to build your profile as a trading boss, whilst gaining exposure across Ikon's broader media disciplines
What will help you succeed
- Experience buying across multiple channels, most importantly TV buying. Radio OOH, Print and Digital are helpful, but not essential.
- A passion for media with an appetite for continually building media skill set
- Media finance knowledge and experience with tracking budgets and client finances
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks at once
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQ's, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Dedicated learning and development specialist and access to WPP's training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of Ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/