As the Director of Integrated Planning at Ikon Sydney, you will lead the ‘this is how we do it here’ behaviours and culture in terms of the integration between planning and investment. Your role, along with your team, will shepherd the clients media strategy through to implementation, converting strategy into media planning and investment practices that link directly to clients business outcomes. You will always enjoy an attitude of optimisation and optimal outcomes and constant improvement and iteration for the sake of better performance.
Three best things about this job
- Chance to play a critical role in linking strategy and implementation, through a mastery in planning and trading media and a commitment to integration and innovation to drive a future focused product.
- To represent the benchmark for our craft to the industry - our partners and competitors understand what makes us superior, without an ability to replicate it.
- To be part of the reason why Ikon’s approach to media is best in class.
What’s your role –
- Responsible for the creation and output of Ikon’s integrated planning product and processes
- Oversee the delivery of best in class amplification and integration of paid media executions
- Translate strategy into outcome driven campaigns to deliver on client objectives
- Champion Ikon’s Dynamic Trading process to ensure our Trade approach flows throughout the agency
- A thought leader in cross channel planning and investment, building a profile through writing or contributing to industry opinion pieces in the digital space and wider communications disciplines from a holistic angle
- Develop and build on an existing strong network of professional relationships within media
- Work collaboratively with senior client leaders to ensure effective management of all client needs including realistic expectations regarding the delivery of work and the selling of results
- Think ahead of the client’s needs to ensure work is flowing and all clients are happy with output from team.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of clients business and their internal pressures and adapt your team’s service accordingly.
- Manage and lead Ikon’s investment and planning teams inspiring them to continuously strive for excellence
- An active member of Ikon’s management team, leading and providing insightful input into meetings/discussions and the shared long-term vision of Ikon’s product
- Drive your team to live and breathe the Ikon behaviours in every interaction with internal and external stakeholders
- Set clear KPIs and measures of success for your reporting line and provide insightful input in the development plans for the wider team
- Facilitate the execution of training (both internal and external programmes) at an agency level
- The Director, Integrated Planning sits at the absolute heart of the agency and as such the impact of the role will be felt across the entire agency
- Deliver the absolute core of what our clients expect from us - commercial resilience
- Responsible for achieving revenue targets for clients where remuneration is linked to trading performance
- Work alongside product development team to grow new revenue streams aligned to future product development, eg screen stack product is a key responsibility
What will help you succeed
- Excellent knowledge and experience in planning and investment
- Solid understanding of key clients business, their brand, consumer, market dynamics and key challenges
- Excellent knowledge of industry products and tools and ability to use these to support and optimise Ikons investment product
- The confidence to challenge and lead clients into new territories
- The reputation and relationships in market to influence
- Inherent curiosity, innovative thinking, executive insight and cutting-edge solutions
- Great negotiating and presenting experience
- Active participant in market/industry events and conversations
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Dedicated learning and development specialist and access to WPP's training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of Ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/