Working closely with the Performance Director and Performance Manager to manage an exciting and diverse client. You will assist in establishing strong relationships with internal stakeholders, media and technology partners, supporting with the management of our client’s business. You will assist in strategic performance planning, technical problem solving, and have the opportunity to build strong campaign management and analytical experience. You will be responsible for the tactical day-to-day management of search, social and programmatic campaigns along with the Performance Manager. You will contribute to driving growth for this client through applying continuous optimisation rigour and innovative new ideas. You will also support the growth and development of junior members of the team, and cross agency training relating to performance channels.
Three best things about this job
- Being part of an agile, collaborative and supportive team that likes to have fun whilst doing great work for our clients.
- Discovering and exploring new technology and data opportunities first hand.
- Independent thinking; identify and deliver new solutions that give you first-hand experience in new performance technology.
What’s your role –
In three months:
- Demonstrates a deep and thorough understanding of your client’s products, KPIs and targets.
- Supports with all aspects of campaign delivery to launch campaigns as planned - set up and tagging, quality assurance process, budget management, bidding and optimisation to best practices, ensuring the best results are being achieved according to clients’ goals
- Contributes to performance reporting, analysis and recommendations for the client portfolio to meet agreed deadlines, delivering robust post campaign analysis that provides insight beyond the numbers
- Has a thorough understanding of the Ikon performance product and operations
In six months:
- Takes responsibility for ensuring campaigns are implemented and managed to performance best practices to deliver campaign excellence
- Is independently able to optimise campaigns to achieve campaign KPIs
- Takes responsibility for the accurate and timely completion of performance reporting, analysis and recommendation for the client portfolio
- Is able to navigate ambiguous situations, initiating process improvement and successfully executing campaigns independently
- Demonstrates growth of their performance knowledge, enabling integration and alignment of paid search, paid social and programmatic campaigns
- Ensures internal stakeholders remain up to speed with the changing digital landscape and opportunities that the performance channel presents
In twelve months:
- Is able to build responses to client briefs with rationale, that are relevant to client goals and performance orientated
- Uses industry tools and tech to input into planning and audience research enabling innovative responses to briefs
- Is able to hold performance ordinated conversation with internal and external stakeholders, to articulating performance results, campaign rationale and provide education
- Has an excellent working relationship with your manager, media and technology partners, to enable you to manage campaigns that deliver campaign excellence
- Is able to effectively manage stakeholders’ expectations regarding work load and prioritisation of actions, to make the highest impact on performance results
- Takes responsibility for running in-campaign tests, surfacing learning, and collaborating with the Performance Manager to define and deliver innovation frameworks for the client portfolio
- Will be a performance expert for Ikon, recommending and presenting to clients and internal stakeholders on all performance channels best practices
- Contributes to internal and external PR by leading award-winning performance media campaigns
- Contributes to the development of junior team members knowledge and capability across performance channels and best practices
- Takes the lead on responding to client’s briefs and preparing presentation to lead performance conversations I order to exceed on their ambitions
- Proactively takes responsibility for mentoring and supporting junior team members to further their specialist knowledge and performance capability
- Exploring innovative ways to accelerate performance, of campaigns and the team, through the use to automation, machine learning and technology
What will help you succeed
This role is looking for a detail-oriented individual with the capacity and desire to succeed in a high growth, and proactive environment. This role is responsible for contributing to the success of client campaigns, delivering outstanding buying and optimisation, campaign analytics and insights, and innovation to develop and deliver campaign excellence.
- Experience setting up and optimizing campaigns within paid search, paid social or programmatic media platforms
- Exceptional experience navigating campaign management platforms - such as MediaMath, Facebook business manager, Google Ads, Search Ads 360 - to set up, optimise and report on campaigns
- Experience using audience data to optimise campaigns
- Experience using automated approaches to optimise and manage campaigns
- Analytically minded and good at handling large data sets in order to identify trends and insights
- Exceptional attention to detail when handling data, preparing presentations and across all forms of communication
- Experience planning and campaign management for direct response or brand campaigns
- Aware of cross channel integration opportunities online and offline
- Understanding of performance media best practices
- Understanding of measurement capabilities
- Advanced experience using Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive approach to improving their knowledge and capability
- Highly organised, project management and coordination skills
- Attention to detail with an effective and efficient working style
- Able to communicate effectively and work as part of the wider team
- Enthusiasm for digital media and keen to develop a career within performance media channel
- A desire to work within an integrated team
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Dedicated learning and development specialist and access to WPP's training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of Ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/