The Trading Manager on this patch will be responsible for the negotiation and implementation of over $50 million of media nationally, in a fast paced, ‘don’t play by the rules’ category. Responsible for leading, training and mentoring a team of four future trade superstars, with the opportunity to stretch into leadership across the wider investment team. Working on a business of this scale and prestige, with all the benefits of living in QLD, this role is a rare opportunity for someone passionate about pursuing a career in Trade.
Three best things about this job
- To move fast, do big deals, find innovative investment solutions and be mentored to build your reputation as an investment specialist at a national level
- Work amongst a tight knit team who are open, honest and hilarious, inside Brisbane’s most successful and voted ‘Agency I’d most like to work at’
- The client is innovative, collaborative and growing. Their challenge is clear, become number one in the category, and our long-standing relationship with them means you enter as a trusted adviser, being accountable for business results, not just media results!What’s your role
In 6 months:
- Service client’s daily to ensure work is flowing and clients are happy and updated
- Work with the team to develop detailed trade communications, ensuring accurate planning costs are reflective of benchmarks, trading strategies, and contractual agreements.
- Manage the planning and trading processes together with the writing and presenting of final buy, mid buy and post reporting
In 12 months:
- Build strong relationships with clients, creative and media partners to ensure integration flows between all partners
- Remarkable knowledge of your clients business and internal workings, adapting services accordingly
- Lead and direct all team members so they can support in the development of media concepts and the implementation of buys.
- Negotiate client level trading positions and ongoing trades with the media.
- Assist Trading Director in tailoring the master trading strategy for clients.
What will help you succeed
- A minimum of four years in an agency role, with at least two years in offline trading
- A passion for trading, learning and driving best in market client outcomes
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and well-being discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Dedicated learning and development specialist and access to WPP's training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of Ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.