We are looking for an exceptional Commercial Manager to join our national integrated finance / commercial team. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will provide sound commercial advice to key agency stakeholders. This unique role is solely focused on revenue and driving positive commercial outcomes for the agency. The role requires you to ‘think outside the box’ by developing unique commercial solutions for our clients. You will build rapport easily with internal and external stakeholders and have a knack in communicating the commercial aspect of the business
Three best things about this job
- Revenue focused role – no journals or reporting!Natural step to becoming a Finance Director
- Working within a great national finance team with exposure to various business leaders
- Dynamic, fast-paced and exciting industry
What’s your role –
In 3 months:
- Work autonomously to develop and maintain live operational revenue forecasts
- Maintenance of employee funding and staff movements utilising an in-house web-based system
- Prepare monthly product dashboards for product leadership
In 6 months:
- Ownership of live revenue forecasting system
- Providing advice to numerous product leaders in tracking targets and identifying commercial opportunities and improve margins
- Ownership of client contracts, ensuring all are current and correct commercials are implemented throughout the national offices
- Analyse revenue to identify individual client and product performance and provide insights when necessary
- Partner with business leaders for commercial responses in new business pitches
In 12 months:
- Identify new revenue opportunities through existing clients and involvement in new business pitches
- Working independently on a new business pitch and provide sound commercial responses unique to the particular pitch
- Demonstrate innovative thinking through identifying process improvements
- Opportunity to progress your finance career at one of the leading communications groups worldwide
What will help you succeed
- Relevant accounting degree
- 2-3 years in a similar role within an advertising or service-based industry
- Ability to problem solve, think analytically and work independently
- Be highly organised, being able to multi task in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Access to cool industry events
- Dedicated learning and development specialist to unlock your full potential
- The best view in The Rocks of the harbour bridge!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/