The strategist is the epitome of an Ikonoclast - one who seeks to break conventions and challenge the status quo.Your recommendations will display a solid, data driven understanding of the client challenge, whilst being an inspiring foundation for the rest of the team to create insightful solutions.
- Develop total business understanding of each Client’s products as a basis for recommending the strategic direction of a brand’s overall communications.
- Immerse yourself in the consumer’s world. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the things that matter to them through data analysis and qualitative research. You’ll act as the consumer’s advocate in the process to ensure recommendations are focused on what will benefit the consumer.
- Present strategic recommendations to clients that outline how the consumer insights have informed strategy.
Three best things about this job
- Be a thought leader for the strategic direction of a forward-thinking agency, gaining access to a variety of teams that are experts in their field. This will allow you to form holistic knowledge and lead to well-rounded strategic responses.
- To work across market leading clients.
- Being part of a collaborative environment, not only within the Strategy team but the wider Ikon family, for example, agency brainstorms.
What’s your role –
In 3 months:
- A thorough understanding of your clients, their category and their consumer group
- Strong working relationships with key stakeholders - clients, others agencies and the people within Ikon
- Well thought out and constructed strategic recommendations to clients with a high level of first-time approval
- Contribution to the wider agency in terms of collaborative working relationships, inspiration and thought leadership
In 6 months:
- Established yourself as the strategic lead for your brands, having demonstrated your knowledge on relevant projects
- Demonstrated a culture of insights, ideas and innovation within the agency
- Built partnerships with Ikon team members, external agency partners, media owner strategy departments and WPP Group sister specialist partners
In 12 months:
- Continued demonstration of insights, ideas and innovation within the agency
- Created an award worthy piece of strategic work
- Regular contribution to agency thought leadership presentations
- Opportunity to progress within Ikon's Strategy team and continuously deliver excellent strategic recommendations for clients
What will help you succeed
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience
- Preference is for a degree in marketing, advertising or communications
- Confident presentation skills
- Data analysis skills and experience
- A willingness to ‘roll your sleeves up’ every day
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQ's, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Dedicated learning and development specialist and access to WPP's training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/