The Performance Executive will establish strong relationships with technology and data partners and be a programmatic expert within the agency.
You will be part of the strategic performance planning process, responsible for technical problem solving and build strong campaign management and analytical experience. You will run the day-to-day management of programmatic campaigns and support with the delivery of paid social campaigns.
You will be responsible for the success of campaigns, setting up bid strategies, ongoing optimisation and delivering insights on each campaign in detail beyond just the numbers. Working closely with the performance and digital managers and our media partners, you will identify new opportunities, and deliver innovative, performance driven solutions in response to client briefs.
This role is looking for a detail-oriented individual with the capacity and desire to succeed in a high growth, and autonomous environment. This role is responsible for the tactical day-to-day management of client campaigns with high autonomy, as well as driving the growth for each client through improvements and innovations drawn from campaign analytics and insights.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who enjoys navigating ambiguous situations with high confidence, following processes and executing campaigns to exceed clients expectations.
Three best things about this job
- Being part of an agile, collaborative and supportive team that likes to have fun whilst doing great work for our clients
- Responsibility & complete autonomy for the day-to-day management of programmatic campaigns
- Independent thinking; allowing you to explore new technology and data opportunities first hand, to identify and deliver new solutions that give you experience in new performance opportunities
What’s your role – In three months:
- Demonstrate a deep and thorough understanding of your client’s products, KPIs and targets.
- Confidently manage programmatic campaigns as planned - set up and tagging, quality assurance process, budget management, bidding strategies, optimisation and best practices, ensuring the best results are being achieved according to clients’ goals.
- Responsible for the performance reporting, analysis and recommendations for the client portfolio to meet agreed deadlines, delivering robust post campaign analysis that provide insight beyond the numbers.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the programmatic ecosystem and establish relationships with key media partners.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Ikon performance product and operations.
In six months:
- Responsible for ensuring campaigns are implemented and managed in line with performance best practice to deliver campaign excellence, and independently optimise campaigns to achieve campaign KPIs.
- Take responsibility for planning programmatic campaigns with rationale that is relevant to client goals and performance orientated, inputting into multi-channel brief responses.
- Demonstrate growth of performance knowledge, enabling integration and alignment of paid search and paid social with programmatic campaigns.
- Ensure internal stakeholders remain up to speed with the changing programmatic landscape and opportunities that the performance channel presents.
- Establish yourself as a programmatic expert for Ikon, confidently troubleshooting issues, making recommendations and presenting to stakeholders on programmatic media best practices and opportunities.
- Is able to effectively manage stakeholders expectations regarding work load and prioritisation of actions, to make the highest impact on performance results.
In twelve months:
- Take full responsibility for the delivery of programmatic campaigns, including running in-campaign tests, surfacing learning, and collaborating with the Performance Manager to define and deliver innovation frameworks for the client portfolio
- Use industry tools and tech to input into planning and audience research, enabling innovative responses to briefs
- Has an excellent working relationship with your manager, media and technology partners, to enable you to manage campaigns that exceed campaign expectations
- Is able to hold performance conversations with internal and external stakeholders, to articulate performance results, campaign rationale and provide education
- Contribute to internal and external PR by leading award-winning performance media campaigns
- Proactively take responsibility for mentoring and supporting junior team members to further their specialist knowledge and understanding of performance media requirements
- Take the lead on responding to client’s performance briefs and preparing presentations to lead the performance conversations in order to exceed on their ambitions
- Explore innovative ways to accelerate performance campaigns and the team, through the use to automation, machine learning and technology
What will help you succeed:
- 1-2 years digital media experience across biddable media in programmatic, with the enthusiasm to learn a second discipline.
- Experience of both social and programmatic highly desirable
- First-hand experience setting up, optimising and reporting on campaigns within a DSP is necessary – DV360, MediaMath, Amobee would be desirable
- Solid understanding of the programmatic ecosystem and buying mechanics across display, video and audio programmatic buying
- Local publisher knowledge across the Australian media landscape highly desirable
- Proficiency and experience with data analysis in Excel, including pivot tables and advanced functions
- Ability to work, and optimise towards clear defined campaign goals (e.g. CPA)
- Understands adserving process: trafficking creative tags, uploading into DSPs, pixel management, technical troubleshooting
- Understanding of digital measurement capabilities
- Knowledgeable on verification partners in market (MOAT, IAS etc)
- Proactive approach to improving their knowledge and establishing relationship
- A desire to work within an integrated team
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of Ikon’s hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Dedicated learning and development specialist and access to WPPs training academy to unlock your full potential!
Since the day we were founded, we’ve chosen to do things a little differently. We are an agency of Ikoncolastic thinkers and creators with a passion for shifting the impossible to the possible. Our innate drive for finding a better way has taken many forms from rejecting bulk media investment deals in favour of trading dynamically to being the first Australian media agency to bring together the power of Media and Creative under one roof.
And while we’re regarded as being thoroughly Australian, thoroughly Brilliant and thoroughly Decent, our mission remains the same: To partner with Australia’s iconic and dynamic brands, serving our clients’ needs not ours with thinking that challenges what’s possible.
To find out more, check out our website at http://www.ikoncommunications.com.au/