WPP AUNZ are looking for an exceptional Group Talent Partner (Senior Internal Recruitment Consultant) to fulfil a full-time position based in Sydney.
This position is a key member of our national Talent Acquisition team, reporting to the Group Talent Lead - Media. You will have a set remit which focuses on the Media Group of businesses within WPP AUNZ - GroupM and Ikon Communications.
The Group Talent Partner's role is to provide largely permanent talent solutions across some of the most recognisable brands in our industry, including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Xaxis and Ikon Communications
You will be focused on delivering best in class talent in a timely manner, while building a solid pipeline and network for our stakeholders to engage with when they need to scale quickly.
The role is a busy and challenging one, with a large number of open vacancies in Sydney and occasionally further afield.
Once you are up and running you will have an opportunity to work with the wider Group Talent Team, HR and the MDs to develop and implement strategic initiative that will help these businesses grow.
There is also potential to hire a more junior resource to support in future.
You will come to us with:
· At least 5 years recruitment experience (either within agency or internal - ideally both)
· Strong understanding of Media, Marketing, Communications or peripheral industry environments.
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to ensure strict processes are followed, thus ensuring a consistent experience for candidates and hiring managers
· Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple job requisitions and stakeholders - through reporting, rapport building and communication
· Strong desire to partner with businesses and not just as a 'transactional recruiter'
· A “head-hunter” mentality – Media roles do not fill themselves. This role is about building your networks, keeping in regular contact with a mostly passive candidate base and most importantly, understanding what your candidates want in their next career move and then matching them up to the relevant business/roles when they arise.
· An open and creative work environment where you can truly see the impact that your hires have on business success.
· All of the tools, software and support you need to deliver
· A dedicated and experienced team who share best practice and don't take themselves too seriously
· Genuine career pathways in Marketing/Advertising/Media and/or Human Resources
· Access to WPP AUNZ Mentoring, Training and Wellbeing programmes
· Competitive remuneration
In three months, you will have:
· Built trusted and influential relationships with the line managers and managing directors within your remit
· Started to deliver high quality pipeline of sourced candidates to interview for the job briefs within your remit
· Developed a thorough understanding of the agencies in your remit, recent developments and talent pipelines of niche talent areas
· Built relationships with the WPP AUNZ Talent Team and regional/global counterparts to leverage best practice opportunity and promote candidate sharing
In six months, you will have:
· Made strong headway with ensuring hiring managers understand their responsibilities when it comes to recruitment and work closely with them to ensure all areas of compliance are covered
· Worked with the agency MD’s, CFO’s and Talent Leads to ensure their support when it comes to recruiting directly and avoiding unnecessary costs.
In twelve months, you will have:
· Delivered against a large number of briefs and built a strategic pipeline of candidates to support your businesses into the future.
· Developed your career and be on a pathway of growth and learning within WPP AUNZ
· Increased the number of candidates joining us from backgrounds outside of direct competitors – driving a diversity agenda on each shortlist delivery.