Balloon Manufacturing Technician
World View is on a mission to inspire, create, and explore new perspectives for a radically improved future by helping humanity respect and conserve all life on Earth. As a leader in the burgeoning stratospheric exploration space, we have been leading groundbreaking stratospheric flight for over 6 years. Using advanced stratospheric balloon technology, our stratospheric remote sensing capabilities are trusted by NASA, NOAA and other government and commercial enterprises. And, with our space tourism and exploration business promising a truly unique space tourism experience unlike anything else on the market, World View is poised for massive growth. To learn more about World View, visit www.worldview.space.
At World View, the Balloon Manufacturing Technician provides hands on manufacturing support utilizing their experience with equipment and production materials. You will support the full product lifecycle from research and development to production.
- Assist with the initial set-up of fabrication and assembly floor, including production machinery installation
- Participate in manufacturing area design and productivity analysis
- Assist with development and documentation of balloon manufacturing and verification processes
- Fabricate / assemble prototype through balloon production
- Oversee fabrication/assembly of Stratospheric balloons on a production basis
- Provide back-up manufacturing engineering as needed
- Diagnose product problems and communicate symptoms to leads
- Provide quality verification during production thru final product
- Frequently lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 70 pounds when setting up equipment
- Typically bends and stoops on a regular basis for verification purposes and adjustments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 0-1+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment during fabrication, and assembly
- Knowledge of and experience with Foreign Object Damage (FOD) environments
- Proficiency in the safe use of measuring instruments, various shop tools, and maintaining a clean, safe work environment
- MS Windows applications, including proficiency with computer word processing and spreadsheets.
- Skilled in verbal and written communications.
- Ability to support production requirements as required for the safe operation of standard manufacturing equipment and machinery
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Ability to stand and stoop over 50% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 70lbs.
- Ability to pass vision standards for quality assurance of material seals.
- Ability to read standard work instructions.
- Ability to solve routine problems independently.
- Ability to demonstrate self-initiative in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, positive work relationships; have creativity, flexibility, and resourcefulness; have discriminating judgment, tact and sense of humor.
- 3+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment during fabrication, and assembly
- Experience working in the Stratospheric ballooning field
- Experience in plastic heat or ultrasonic sealing
- Experience developing and working with automated systems
- Knowledge of plastics heat sealing & polyethylene film handling or related experience (i.e. textile manufacturing, pattern making etc...)
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Occasionally may be requested to travel with a launch team or mission control for quality support.
What We Offer
- Work alongside experts in emerging technology
- Full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Modern office with kitchen, exercise area, amazing views, and more!
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
World View is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.