Deputy Program Manager – Spaceport Landing Sites
World View is on a mission to inspire, create, and explore new perspectives for a radically improved future by helping humanity respect and conserve all life on Earth. As a leader in the burgeoning stratospheric exploration space, we have been leading groundbreaking stratospheric flight for over 6 years. Using advanced stratospheric balloon technology, our stratospheric remote sensing capabilities are trusted by NASA, NOAA and other government and commercial enterprises. And, with our space tourism and exploration business promising a truly unique space tourism experience unlike anything else on the market, World View is poised for massive growth. To learn more about World View, visit www.worldview.space.
At World View we are looking to add a Program Manager to our growing team focused on land development. In this role you will lead effort to establish landing sites for our Explorer Capsule in the Grand Canyon region and internationally as we continue our Space Tourism initiatives.
- Take the lead on Identifying, securing (permitting, lease, land purchase), and establishing landing sites.
- Integrate with ground and flight operations team to identify needs.
- Establish a program plan, budget, schedule, and drive action to bring the landing and recovery operation online.
- Capture lessons learned and carry them forward to stand up landing site operations across the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM, Business, Logistics, or other relevant field
- 5-10 years of experience in construction project management, regional logistics, or remote/field flight operations
- Experience managing projects across distributed geographic areas, navigating sensitivities regarding cultural sites, agriculture, and conservation areas
- Experience with movement, maintenance, and operation of specialty heavy equipment in remote areas
- Experience initiating and driving NEPA EA/EIS process to FONSI
- Familiar with land use permits and land-owner coordination
- Comfortable leading meetings and owning a project schedule, able to take accountability for a budget, and drive task completion
- Experience managing cross-departmental teams and multiple contractors to drive cohesively toward a unified goal
- Fluent with MS Office products
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment and exercising critical thinking with a team to solve open-ended problems
- Up to 50% Travel Domestic in the Southwest U.S. and International
- Able to drive long distances, occasionally work >12 hour days
What We Offer
- Work alongside experts in emerging technology
- Full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Modern office with kitchen, exercise area, amazing views, and more!
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
World View is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.