Senior Quality Control Inspection Technician
World View is on a mission to inspire, create, and explore new perspectives for a radically improved future by helping humanity respect and conserve all life on Earth. As a leader in the burgeoning stratospheric exploration space, we have been leading groundbreaking stratospheric flight for over 6 years. Using advanced stratospheric balloon technology, our stratospheric remote sensing capabilities are trusted by NASA, NOAA and other government and commercial enterprises. And, with our space tourism and exploration business promising a truly unique space tourism experience unlike anything else on the market, World View is poised for massive growth. To learn more about World View, visit www.worldview.space.
As a Senior Quality Control Inspection Technician, you will be responsible for the inspection of avionics hardware, harnessing and integration operations, identification and documentation of any non-conformances. You will work with Quality management, Production management and Engineering to determine root cause and implementation of corrective actions / preventive actions (CAPA). Your experience in IPC-A-10, IPC-J-STD-001 and/or NASA 8739 standards brings with you the attention to detail and level of intricate knowledge necessary for aerospace grade avionics hardware flying in a dynamic environment. Quality is key, and you’ll be a required function to ensure all internal and external specifications are adhered to.
- In-process inspection and final verification of production hardware to drawing, process specifications and work order requirements in the PCB/PCBA, box build, harness assembly and avionics integration manufacturing work centers
- Receiving, In-process inspection and final verification of product hardware to drawing, process specifications and work order requirements in the balloon manufacturing and integration work centers
- Identify, document, and resolve production and test anomalies in accordance with prescribed procedures and pursue corrective action as required
- Interface with engineering and production to resolve nonconforming material issues
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Read, interpret and work from drawings as well as controlled documentation and processes
- Independently perform verifications and document results in a clear, precise and complete manner
- A minimum of 10 years of Quality Control and QA experience in manufacturing
- A minimum of 7 years of Quality Control and QA experience in Aviation in either a 14 CFR Part 21 or Part 145 and ideally both. Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license REQUIRED.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with inspecting solder, crimping, conformal coating, staking, and surface mounted devices accordance with NASA 8739 and/or IPC-J-STD-001, IPC-A-610 standards.
- A minimum of 7 years of Wire harness inspection experience in accordance with NASA-STD-8739. 3 and 8739.4 and/or IPC-A-620 standards.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with the control of nonconforming hardware, failure/root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action (CAPA) processes
- Good communication skills and the ability to articulate aerospace hardware and systems problems to technical professionals to initiate resolutions
- Experience reading and interpreting design drawings and CAD models
- Knowledgeable with AS9100 / AS9110 Quality Management Systems
- Experience with performing electronic testing and inspection using portable measuring devices
- Proficient with computers, the ability to use MS Office, shop floor management software (ERP) and related programs.
- Substantial knowledge of all Quality Control processes including AS9102 FAI processes
- Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic, be innovative, detail oriented, possess initiative, and team oriented
What We Offer
- Work alongside experts in emerging technology
- Full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Modern office with kitchen, exercise area, amazing views, and more!
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
World View is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.